XVII

Waking up, it takes me a second to realize that I'm not in my bedroom.

Only a few seconds later, I realize that I'm in a bed with someone else.

I jolt upwards, looking to my side to see a stirring Bane. He turns over slightly before settling again.

Last night after our kiss, we ended up talking about the most random of things. Most of the time I was asking what things were when he was telling me stories of his battles on distant planets, but it was entertaining for me and no doubt him nonetheless. I guess I eventually fell asleep.

I lazily gaze over his sleeping features, taking in the sharp planes of his face, reminiscing the way they felt when I ran my hands over them. I desperately want to touch his face again and kiss him again, but I don't want to wake him.

Sliding from the bed, I venture to the bathroom to get my dirty clothing before quietly exiting the bedroom.

Getting to the end of the corridor as quickly as possible, I realize that I have absolutely no idea where I'm at or where I need to go in order to get back to my room.

Too afraid to ask anyone, not that I currently see anyone, I turn right and hope that I'm heading in the correct direction.

As I continue walking, many storm troopers pass me by as well as other personnel without masks and they look at me differently than they usually do. At first, I don't understand why, but when I remember the fact that I'm still wearing oversized clothing, without a bra on underneath, I understand that that must be why I'm getting these looks.

I try to hurry, not wanting too many people to see me before I reach my room. Unfortunately, I still have yet to find a familiar part of the Starkiller that can help me find my quarters.

I come to a hallway intersection and decide to go left because I went right last time, hoping I chose the right way.

As I'm walking, I hold my dirty clothes close to my chest in order to conceal it.

"Lyra?" I hear my name called out from behind me and the voice is enough to stop me in my tracks and chill my bones.

No. I will not be weak.

I turn around, dropping my arms from where they hugged my clothes to my chest.

"Good Morning, Kylo Ren," I say, smiling at his masked figure. I stand up straighter and I know that if I could see Kylo's face, I would see his eyes trained on my chest.

"It's not even rising time, Lyra, what are you doing outside of your room?" He asks, his dark electronic voice meaning to intimidate me.

"Oh I was just... Having some fun. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed outside of my room." I think back to yesterday in the training room, wondering if the mask is hiding any resentment he has towards me right now. I also wonder if he could possibly know about Bane.

"What are you wearing?" He asks, ignoring my comment, stepping closer to me. I do not back down. Instead, I smirk, thinking about last night with Bane.

"Oh this? It's nothing," I tell him with a grin before changing the subject. "Could you help me find my room? I seem to be a bit lost."

He cocks his head a little bit before turning on his heel, walking away from me. I follow him.

I run a little to catch up to him, falling into step beside him with a bit of a struggle. His strides are long and quick, something my legs battle to keep up with.

I chase after him, trying not to get too far behind him.

Turn after turn, everything slowly becomes more familiar and eventually, we end up right in front of my room door. Kylo stops suddenly and I run directly into his back.