Groaning in pain, he curled into a ball to prevent further injury, delicately clutching himself as each touch sent shards of pain shooting through his system. This rescue mission was definitely not going as planned.

"She's in the house. Found her freezing in the rain. You're welcome." The smug voice of his best friend reached his ears. Giving Blue a grateful nod, he let out a sigh of relief, his Sadie was safe.

"Fuck." Balthazar groaned in pain as he tried to get back to his feet.He could practically see the satisfied smirk on her face.

"At least I didn't skin your ass." 

**

Sauntering back into the house, Blue slammed the door closed, and looked at Sadie over her shoulder. A few moments later, loud banging on the door, and Balthazar's muffled yells sounded through the house.

Turning to Sadie, she spoke. "That'll be for you."

Blue was now taking a packet of gums out her pocket, popping one in her mouth, completely ignoring the outraged yells of the Chieftain outside the door. Spotting a stunned Sadie staring at her incredulously, she offered her gum. Sadie immediately declined. Shrugging it off, Blue stuffed the packed back into the pocket of her ratty old, faded jeans.

Try though she did, Sadie couldn't even begin to understand the workings of the shifter's mind.

"Uh-I wa-"

"Because I'm a nice person." Blue cut her off. Sadie highly doubted that Blue had even a slight impression of what an actual nice person was, but she was too afraid to say it to her face. "Here's a helpful hint."

"Thank you?" Sadie couldn't begin to understand what the female was on about, but she wouldn't pass up any opportunity of help.

"Throw yourself into his arms at the earliest opportunity."

"Why?" Perplexed, Sadie could only stare at the shifter, mouth agape as she struggled to make sense out of her words.

"And fuck his brains out." Pausing for a moment, as though in thought; she spoke, "In that order."

Sadie could feel her eyes widening to the size of saucers. She couldn't believe the crassness of what the female suggested. Blue was now peering at the small cracks appearing in the wooden door, under attack by the Chieftain.

"Are you being serious?" Sadie was too afraid of the enraged Balthazar to even think of doing such a thing. What if he tore her apart the moment she got into an arm's length?

"Pretty much, yes." Cracking her blood covered knuckles, she cast a fleeting glance at Sadie's terrified form. "Once you both fuck and make up, tell him to replace the door once he's currently breaking down. I'm going out."

Walking past her and into the kitchen, Blue picked up a water bottle, uncapping and drinking it as she made her way to the back door. Pure, unadulterated fear coursed through Sadie, sending shivers up her spine. She couldn't bear the thought of being left alone with a raging Balthazar on the hunt for her. Desperate and out of options, she clutched onto Blue's arm. Stopping the female in her tracks.

"What?" Prying Sadie's stiff fingers off of her arm, Blue pinned her in place with a dangerously honed glare.

"What if he kills me? I don't know anything about shifters!" To her horror, Sadie couldn't control the flood that was her emotions any longer. "I don't know what to do. I don't know why he's acting like he is, and how to fix it. You're my best hope."

Looking entirely unimpressed with her, Blue cocked an eyebrow. "Use the hints I gave you. It's the swiftest way to resolve this." At Sadie's mortified expression, she continued. "Or tell him I did it. I kidnapped you, it'll take the edge off his anger. Good luck."