Safely making it across the stream, he set about searching for any sign of Sadie or her scent. All in vain, for all he could detect was Blue's dangerous scent mingled with the clean, earthy scent of rain. Ages later, he stumbled upon a relatively sheltered clearing, the rain hadn't been able to penetrate the leafy shelter from the massive trees overhead. A hairsbreadth away from admitting defeat, he changed back to human and donned his clothing. Thoroughly exhausted, he collapsed onto the forest floor, he had failed her.

A moment later, a scent he had embedded into his very soul and being reached his nose. The scent was stale and faint, as though it's bearer had left the area ages ago. Inhaling the soothing smell calmed him down significantly, he was close. The entrancing scent unique to Sadie was in this clearing, which meant there was still a chance for him to find her. As he basked in the pleasure of the scent, a troubling discovery nearly sent him in a full blown rage. Sadie's sweet, innocent scent was lightly mingled with that of Blue's.

No one knew how to get rid of people without a single trace, like Blue did.

Heart plummeting, Balthazar rushed to the one place he knew he'd find the culprit. Blue had information about Sadie's whereabouts and he would get that vital knowledge from her no matter what it took. Balthazar had never run as fast as he was now, the terror coursing through his being had him restless and on the edge. In record time, he was faced with the cliff housing the female's home. The rain had dissolved any traces of Blue or Sadie's scent, and he had no choice but to search here. It was his last resort.

Quickly ascending the steep pathway winding around the side of the mountain, Balthazar could feel his heart lifting at the sight of the house and the lights turned on inside it. It meant someone was home, someone who would be answerable for a lot of things if his hunch was correct.

His urgency chipping away at him, fear sank it's claws deep into his heart, firmly lodging itself into place. He couldn't help but assume the worst.

Banging on the door with all the strength his bone-tired body could muster, Balthazar sent a desperate plea heavenward. The door was suddenly yanked open, Blue stood in front of him, armed with a wicked looking knife. Catching sight of his disheveled appearance, she merely rolled her eyes and lowered her weapon. Letting out a low growl at the possible suspect for the situation, he eyed her warily. She had hurt Sadie once, she could have done it again.

"Where is she?" Balthazar snarled. 

Blue's leg lifted up in the air, foot smashing into Balthazar's face. Blood spurted out of his nose, gushing down his face in a steady stream. Clutching his nose, trying horribly to staunch the bleeding, Balthazar let out a string of curses. Without pause, Blue tackled him to the floor, raining punches on his already bloody and battered face.

"Deviated." Punch. "From." Punch. "The." Punch. "Motherfucking." Punch. "Plan." Punch.

Thoroughly bewildered, Balthazar desperately struggled to save himself from the relentless onslaught of punches. The crazed female above him was intent on pummeling his face, and his dazed wits couldn't even comprehend what was happening. Blue finally pulled herself off of him, and gazed indifferently down at him, huffing as she shook her head and began to walk back into the house. Suddenly, her retreating form froze. Swiftly turning about, she ran to where he lay sprawled on the ground, gathering momentum; her left leg poised as though about to kick something. Moments later, as hot searing pain radiated from his throbbing genitals, did Balthazar understand what she had been about to kick.