A Witch's Heart

I smiled proudly at myself , but when I looked up and everyone gapping at me , my smile fell. "D-Did I do something wrong?" I asked as Daniel stood up. "Nothing wrong , but something incredible." I heard the coach's voice say. I turned and saw him walking towards us. "Nicely done." Daniel whispered in my ear. "But I don't remember teaching you that spell." I smiled , still looking forward. "It just came naturally , I guess." Merissa came running towards us. "Oh my gosh! How did you do that?!" she hugged me tightly. "That's what I would like to know as well. I thought you were first class?" the coach asked , standing behind Merissa. She jumped in fright and stood next to me , looking at Daniel over her shoulder with disgust and then looking at Coach with a smile. I smiled brightly , but kept it hidden under my hand. "Did someone teach you that spell? Maybe your mother?" I looked at Coach , totally serious now. "My mother never told me of this world. I only found out yesterday." I felt my eyes burn from tears , but I looked down to hide it. "I am sorry to hear that and I guess the legends are true that you are the most powerful witch in this existence." I smiled sadly. "I doubt that." Before anyone could say something , I spoke up. "Aren't we all suppose to be training?" Everyone started muttering and went back to their training.

I turned back to Daniel , who was staring at me with pity in his eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I snapped. A frown formed between his brows and he walked closer. "You seriously doubt yourself?" He asked and placed a hand on my cheek. I almost gasped at his soft touch. "M-Maybe. But what do you care? I am nothing of you , nor do I want to be." He smiled softly and lifted my head up so I could look at him. "Do you really believe that?" he lifted my chin up and came closer. This time I didn't struggle. Just as we were about to kiss , something flew our way. "Watch out!" Someone yelled from across the room. We looked up and saw a flaming ball of fire coming our way. I gasped and Daniel pulled me into his chest. I closed my eyes , waiting for it to hit us , but it never happened. I peeked over Daniel's shoulder and saw a pile of ash lying behind us. "Teresa!" Coach yelled at her. She had a smirk on her face. "Sorry. Guess my aiming sucks." She and her group of friends started to laugh. Daniel cupped my face in his hands and turned me to look at him. His eyes were full of concern. "Are you alright?" his eyes searched my face. Realization hit me and I pulled out of his grasp. I shook my head. "This is wrong." I mumbled. "What?" he took a step closer , reaching for my hand , but I dodged. "I-I have to go. I'm sorry." I rushed passed him , running out the doors. "Jenna!" I heard Merissa and Daniel's voice calling me , but I didn't stop. Luckily as I entered the halls , the bell rang. I sighed in relief and ran to my dorm room. It was cold and chilly outside , looking as if it would rain at any moment , but I didn't notice as the cold stung my skin. Nothing would stop these thoughts from running through my head right now. When I entered the room , I collapsed to the floor. Tears started flowing freely down my face.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder , which made me jump and fall backwards. It was Merissa. She was smiling softly at me. "Hey. You ok?" I slowly started to shake my head and then fell into her arms , the tears falling harder. I just sat there in her arms , with her comforting me , rubbing my back and trying to calm me down. The tears started to dry up and I looked up at Merissa with a smile. "Thanks. For everything." She smiled back at me. "No problem. I know how you feel." We smiled at each other , when someone suddenly burst through the door. "Jenna?" It was Daniel. I quickly spun my head away , not wanting him to see how weak and pathetic I am. He saw me sitting on the floor. He stepped closer , but Merissa stopped him. "What do you want?" her voice was cold and she sent daggers his way. He glared at her with the same icy look. "I'm here to see if she's ok." She furrowed her eyebrows. "She's fine , ok? So... bye!" she gave him a little wave. He ignored her attempt to make him leave and stepped closer to me. "Jenna?" I sniffed. "I'm ok. I... I just need a little time. So , please leave." I wouldn't look at him , I couldn't. He just stood there a minute , just staring at me. Eventually he sighed and turned around. He stopped in the doorframe and looked back at me. "I'm sorry that had to happen to you." He looked back in front of him and walked away. Another tear slid down my face , but this time it wasn't because of almost getting killed. It was because of hearing Daniel's hurt tone. Merissa looked on her watch and cursed. "Look , I have some after school activities I have to attend. You think you'll be ok?" I nodded. She smiled kindly and kissed the top of my head. "Ok Jenna. See ya again later." With those words said , she quickly ran out the room. I slowly stood and went to sit in the window sill. I looked down at all the kids underneath , my mind far away. The rain started tapping the window and I smiled. I've always loved the rain. I stared at it , mesmerized. After a while , I sighed and grabbed a book and started to read.