Chapter 38: Home Sweet Home

"You don't need another human being to make your life complete, but let's be honest. Having your wounds kissed by someone who doesn't see them as disasters in your soul, but cracks to put their love into, is the most calming thing in this world." — Emery Allen

• • •

She was speechless. No words could describe what she felt seeing him for the first time thay night. But it was like a dream. Everything stopped. The music faded. Time was frozen and sparks were flying everywhere.

She stared at him in awe. He was so beautiful. His hair was wild and chaotic as if he had ran his fingers through it a hundred times. His lips were so inviting, begging to be kissed. His eyes were dark and dilated looking down at her intently as if he could see deeply into her soul.

Her heart was overwhelmed and she felt as if she would burst into tears then and there. Was he only dream? Was he only an imagination of her own mind? Even as she looked at him, he seemed too good to be true. He was only a few feet away from her but he seemed so far away.

Like an ice sculpture, she stood there frozen. No one else existed in the room but the two of them. Her lips were parted but she could utter no words. No words at all. She took a sudden intake of breath once he took a step and another. Closer and closer until he was only a few inches away from her.

She looked up at him under those thick lashes. Her eyes portrayed the ocean so deep and he watched as a single drop of tear escaped and silently rolled down her cheek. She was so beautiful even when she cried like this.

Her blue eyes. Her rosy cheeks. Her strawberry lips. Everything about her was beautiful and just then he realized she would always be beautiful in his eyes. Not even the time could ever make her unattractive.

He raised his hand and cupped her cheek. "Don't cry, Princess," he murmured softly and she felt it all the way crawling under her skin. He brushed away one fallen tear with his thumb and she leaned into him.

It was very slow she felt but she just stayed still and stared at him in awe as he leaned down his head and clashed his lips against hers. Lightning struck her. She felt it. His lips left tingles against her lips. She felt it all the way down her spine and somehow her tummy felt funny.

Her eyelids fluttered close as she kissed him back. She snaked her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. His arms came around her and brought her flushed against his solid body. Black against white. Hard against soft. She moaned his name against his lips and his tongue came out to battle with hers.

Breathless, they pulled apart.

"You've been drinking," he said because he tasted the wine on her tongue.

She felt her lips twitching as she looked up at him. "Does it matter?" she asked innocently.

Seeing that sweet little smile back on her face, he couldn't help but smile, too. He leaned down and softly kissed the sensitive skin below her ear.

"Bad kitty," he purred in her ear. He smiled inwardly when he felt the way she shivered. He slowly kissed down the side of her neck and gently sucked on her sensitive skin. She trembled slightly and he held her tight in his arms when she was about to fall.

"Zach," she moaned under her breath. Her hands tightened on his shoulders as she melted against him her delicate arms clinging onto his neck and his strong arms wrapping around her waist.

They were moving, she realized. Everyone was looking at them. Still, he was moving and he was bringing her with him. Her body molded perfectly against him. She didn't even realize they were already dancing. Each step was blending with the slow beat of the sweet music.