Chapter 27: The Matchmakers part.1

Start from the beginning

I am really happy for the progress Tae was making with his feelings for Jin. For a first timer, he was doing quite well, even though he never went to me to ask for advice, like what he should do, what he should wear, how he should act like. He was actually moving like a pro, except for the part that he was easily embarrassed, and he becomes a blushing mess 80% of the time.

I was still mentally congratulating Tae for his great progress when Jungkook suddenly came dashing into the scene. When he got to the two, he pulled Jin up from the sofa, as led him to the porch, were they began talking. They started off with Jin hitting Jungkook on the shoulder. Then I turned my attention to Tae, who remained seated on the sofa. The happy, blushing Tae that I was watching earlier was gone. It was replaced by a pouting Tae, looking unhappy after Jungkook interrupted his quality time with Jin.

I went to Tae. He was so sad that he didn't even acknowledge my presence when I sat down beside him. "Hey, Tae, you really are doing well with Jin-hyung." I said to him, hoping that it would make him feel better without actually talking about the real problem. I was a fool to believe it though.

"Yeah right." Tae weakly answered to me as he continued pouting.

I decided to give up on trying avoiding the topic. "Ok, Tae, what's making you pout this early?" I asked him as I went closer to pat him on his back.

Tae sighed before he answered my question. "It's Jungkook, hyung. He's always with Jin-hyung." Tae complained. So it turns out that he wasn't sad just because Jin left him. He's sad because Jin left him for Jungkook.

"Why does Jungkook have to ruin our bonding all the time? He's always stealing Jin-hyung from me." Tae continued.

"Yah, Tae, don't think about that! Jungkook is just close to Jin-hyung. Maybe they got something to talk about." I said to Tae. It didn't work though.

"Even so! The day is very long! There's a whole lot of other time in the day that he could go and talk to Jin-hyung! Why does he keep on choosing to talk to him when we are together?" Tae ranted. He was being his childish self.

"Tae... just relax! It's not like Jungkook likes Jin-hyung, too." I said to him. Then, suddenly, Tae's expression changed into a curious and shocked one.

"H-how do you know? Has Jungkook said anything to you?" Tae curiously asked. It was actually scary how fast his mood changes.

"No, but I just don't feel like it. I don't think Jungkook likes Jin-hyung. He's not going to get him from you." I said to Tae. And as if being enlightened or remembering something, Tae became calm.

"Oh, yeah, I actually forgot. Of course Jungkook doesn't like Jin-hyung." Tae said. I actually wanted to ask him about it, but I don't think it is a big deal right now.

"But still, hyung! I don't like how Jungkook always ruin everything. I'm here, trying my best to spend time with him, while Jungkook would just jump in and get him form me." Tae continued ranting. Oh, I thought it was over.

Deciding that it would be the best thing to do, I gave Tae my word to help him with his problem. "Ok, then, if you don't like Jungkook bothering your quality time with Jin-hyung, I'll talk to him. I'll tell him to stop bothering the two of you." Tae's eyes brightened up like a child seeing a chocolate fountain.

"Really, hyung? You'll do that?" Tae asked.

"Yes, if that would be helping you and Jin-hyung become closer to each other." I said to him. Then, Tae pulled me in for a hug.

"Thanks, hyung!" Tae said as we tightened the hug. Then, suddenly, he pushed me off him.

"Wait! No! Don't do that! Don't tell Jungkook about how I feel for Jin-hyung!" Tae suddenly blurted out.