Chapter 53- Graveyard

Zacznij od początku

Everyone looked up as an opening in the tunnel appeared from which they could see pale light coming from. Most people just blinked in surprise, wondering what was up ahead.

Frea and Chase slowed down a little as they neared the tunnel, sweatdropping a little and eyes narrowing more. Moon cast a confused look up at the two, she couldn't figure out why they were being like this. She had drawn up a little when the two Energy Mages slowed down and she blinked when Lily dropped back to walk at her shoulder.

"You noticed the behavior of those two, right?" Lily asked quietly and Moon nodded, glancing his way. Lily had his paws crossed over his chest and eyes set ahead, but he was frowning a little too.

"They're on edge." Moon replied, Lily nodded at the comment and she tilted her head. "Do you know where Gajeel is taking us?" She asked.

"No." Lily replied. "But I have seen this reaction from Frea before." He told her with a small flick of his head back at Chase and Frea. "Chase is an Energy Mage like her, so it makes sense he would be acting like her too. Frea took a job with Gajeel and I some time ago, and she was acting like this too." Lily's small frown deepened. "Both of them, they can feel emotions, things in the air, they're sensitive to it with Frea even more so being a Dragon Slayer. The last time she was like this, she had a very good reason, and it wasn't pleasant."

Moon watched him carefully as he spoke, before she looked away and closed her eyes. "Do you mind, Lily?" She asked and he blinked, turning a confused look on her. Moon opened her eyes and looked his way. "Could I see what happened? On the mission with you, Frea and Gajeel?" She asked, reaching out a paw toward him with a neutral look spread across his face.

Lily nodded solemnly as he placed his paw in hers and Moon closed her eyes again.

No One POV

Just before Gajeel could step out of the tunnel via the entrance, both Chase and Frea stopped dead, not looking to thrilled with going any further. Gajeel seemed to sense the two had stopped, even though his back was turned to them, and everyone stopped as well.

"So you can feel it?" Gajeel muttered as he turned and fixed his gaze on Frea and Chase, arms crossed over his chest. They both nodded, "I'm guessing from how tense you two have been, you were put off even before we entered the tunnels."

"What are you talking about?" Gray asked.

"They're saying that these tunnels don't feel right." Wendy murmured. "I noticed it the more we walked in, the air feels a little off."

"Yeah... Now that you mention it something doesn't feel right around here.." Natsu mumbled.

"It's not something I'm going to like, is it?" Frea asked lowly as she looked right at Gajeel, eyes torn away from the opening in the tunnel. Her face was pulled into a frown with her eyes narrowed.

"No." Gajeel huffed and turned around, "Come on." He called behind him, his tone leaving no room for argument from anyone else. Chase and Frea hesitated a moment, before stepping forward and following Gajeel through the opening.

Everyone came to a dead-stop when they saw what lay before them.

Natsu, Wendy and Frea's eyes widened in sheer horror at the sight, while everyone looked on the scene with shocked expressions, but not nearly as horrified as the Dragon Slayers were.

Before them lay a huge cavern filled with the bones of countless upon countless Dragons.

"These are all..." Lucy whispered.

"Dragon Bones...?" Wendy breathed.

Frea stepped back a little as her horrified expression turned to a very deep frown with her eyes narrowed and a bead of sweat dripping down her face at the sight.