Chapter 14- Stabilize

Chapter 14

Stabilize

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Frea jumped down from the branch and landed neatly in front of Chase, who had stepped back a little to give her room to land. They both glanced to the side where purple and black magic started to swirl beside them, and Jynx appeared. Chase's eyes widened at the sudden appearance and he glanced back in forth between Frea and the ghost.

"Whose that?" He asked.

"This is Jynx." Frea explained. "She's part of Fairy Tail, and she's a ghost." She told him and Chase looked surprised for a moment, before tilting his head slightly.

"Why is she here?" He asked and Frea sweatdropped a little, while Jynx smiled. The kid didn't even seem fazed by the fact that she had just told him Jynx was a ghost...

"I was watching your training." Jynx explained before she could. "It is very interesting, I hope you don't mind." Chase simply stared at the ghost for a minute, before shrugging and smiling.

"Doesn't matter to me, its good to have somebody else up here." He smiled. "Teach doesn't exactly make good conversation." He snickered and Frea bopped him on the head, vein ticked on her forehead.

"Better watch what you say kid." She growled and he smiled in return. Jynx chuckled a little, and Frea sighed silently. "Whatever... Ready for the next part kid?" She asked and Chase nodded, eyes hard with determination.

"Sure I am." He replied and Frea smiled a little.

"Alright, but it's going to be a lot harder." She told him and began walking. "Come on you two." She called over her shoulder as she lead the way down the mountain, back to the clearing with the two stones. She didn't have to say anything as Chase took a seat on the smaller rock and Frea sat down on the larger, with Jynx sitting next to her.

"Next part, you need to stabilize your Energy in your hands." Frea explained. Her silver Energy Magic appeared in her hands and he glanced at it, "Like this. You can feel the worlds Energy around you now, the next part is to feel your own Energy, and bring it to the surface." She flicked her hands and her Magic disappeared. "Trying to bring your Energy out is hard, and trying to stabilize your Magic will be even harder." She warned and he nodded.

They fell silent as Chase closed his eyes and rested his open hands in his lap. Frea watched carefully, always watching to see if he was making any progress. Trying to push your Energy to the surface was hard, really hard. To be able to manipulate your Magic like that, required a lot of skill, strength, and patience. In her case, it had taken her a year to feel any Energy in the world around her, and another half a year to control her Magic enough to bring it into her hands.

She often blamed the extremely large amount of time she had to take to learn her magic, on one thing. But even then, she still learned it, and she wasn't half bad if she did say so herself.

As the sun started to set, Chase was still sitting there. His muscles had tensed up long ago and sweat was starting to drip down his face. Frea could feel his Energy wavering in and out, though it never actually showed itself to them. When the moon started to rise into the sky, she let out a silent sigh and got to her feet.

"Alright kid, that's enough for today. No use wearing yourself out." She murmured and Chase relaxed, opening his deep blue eyes and glancing up at her.

"OK..." He murmured and got to his feet slowly. Jynx gave them both a small smile, and nodded once, before fading away into a black and purple haze. Frea lead the way silently back to the shelter and the lake, with Chase following behind her slowly. "Hey Teach?"