Chapter 42- Exceeds

Start from the beginning

- ...,'

DoranBolt read the note carefully and his eyes narrowed, trying to piece it all together. There was no name, and he honestly couldn't think of anyone he knew who was powerful enough to pull a spell like the one last night, off. Who the hell was this? He could hardly believe there was a mole inside the Council, but then again...

He made a direct beeline toward Lahar, who looked up as he approached and DoranBolt put the record book in his superiors hands, before handing him the note. Lahar's eyes narrowed as he read the note, and silence passed between the two, before Lahar looked toward him.

Lahar was silently asking him if he had a clue as to who this was, and DoranBolt shook his head a little. He didn't have any idea, but now they had a mole to catch, a certain wanted criminal's name to clear.

.:+:.

A figure with a black traveling cloak draped over their shoulders, silver markings and designs covering the black fabric, where on the hood a band of silver and bright yellow lined the edge of the hood. The figure headed away over the grassy land steadily, and strawberry-blonde silver-tipped hair could be seen as it poked out from under the figure's hood. The cloak wrapped around her so no other clothes could be seen, and her face was hidden by the shadow of her hood as she continued on.

Behind her the rocky and barren land where the Black Chimera Guild hall stood was far away, and only its jagged outline could be seen. The figure jerked her head back to easily shake the hood off and it reveled silver eyes, and silver marking under her eyes.

Frea glanced over her shoulder toward the outline that was slowly fading and smirked a little, The Magic Council should have shown up by now, especially because the sun had started to rise over the land. She looked back to the path ahead and let out a low sigh,

She couldn't remember a lot after doing the spell... she only remembered waking up in new clothes with Virgo of all people standing by. Virgo had explained the Celestial Spirit King had ordered her to look after Frea after she blacked out from exhausting all her magic power. Virgo hadn't stayed long after that, and now she was making her way slowly toward the CapitolCity.

The Energy Magic book was safely tucked away in her bag, that was strapped to her back, and couldn't be seen because of the cloak. She figured she had better head out to see if Fairy Tail had made it into the games, and if so, how well they were doing so far. Besides, a few people were probably wondering where they hell she had run off to.

Jynx hadn't showed up since she woke up, she had the feeling the ghost was still trying to piece together what had happened. Frea herself was a little confused, but she knew better than to dig into it, she would never ever really know exactly what had happened. Frea fished around in her pocket from under the cloak, and pulled out a silver key with the metal slightly tinged orange. On the top a sun and dragon's head was engraved and she smiled at the thing.

GateSentry or not, her spell had worked.

Solana was now a Celestial Spirit within the Spirit World, and although Frea had no use for Celestial Keys, she had one blonde in mind to give this key to. It would be an understatement to say she wasn't surprised the spell had worked, and she had a feeling The Spirit King, Jynx, and probably even Solana herself, they were probably all very surprised the spell had worked as well. You couldn't blame them for their surprise, who would have thought that possible of anyone who hadn't received the gifts of being a GateSentry from the Spirit King himself?

She put the key back in her pocket and continued on. She felt tired, sore, and she had almost no Magic Power left. But even so she was determined to get to the Capitol by at least tomorrow, she had decided earlier that morning to just let the second day of the GMG go. Fairy Tail could wait another day for her to show up, and as tired as she was, she probably wouldn't get there until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

But she was surprised she wasn't blacked out right now, she had expected to be after casting the Hidden Magic. And in all honesty she was surprised she had, had enough Magic Power to even pull it off. But she was glad she had, Solana hadn't deserved to die, and this was a new start for the Sun Dragon Slayer.

She crossed under low hanging trees as she entered a forest as she continued toward the CapitolCity. Trees started to crowd in around her, and the sounds floating on the air became muffled as the trees and their limbs stood by to block all the sounds. It was harder to determine exactly where something was by sound, and even the mixed scents of the forest made it harder to find something by scent, though she still had a pretty good idea where something was that way. But for the time being, she let her senses spread out around her to catch any energy signatures for movement in the trees.

After an hour of traveling the ground flattened out and she could see the Capitol's Cities outline faintly in the distance. The sun was in the sky and it could only be 11 in the morning at best.

She blinked in surprise when a sudden flurry of rustling and shuffling reached her ears, along with a very furious hiss of annoyance.

"Damn it!" A voice hissed and Frea began looking up as she tried to pinpoint where the voice was coming from. "Damn all of this!"

"Oh, I am so sorry miss! Let me-"

"You touch me, I swear I will claw your eyes out!"

"But miss... You have to believe me-"

"Who said I didn't believe you, idiot?! I know your not lying, I know Extalia was destroyed! I know Chagote Sent 100 eggs to EarthLand with the purpose of protecting them! I know all the eggs were left to fend for themselves! I know Chagote's daughter is in a Wizards Guild along with two other Exceeds! I know who you are, and I know why your here!"

"B-but... How-?"

"Does it really matter?! Just go away and let me sort myself out on my own!"

Frea came to a stop as she looked up at the scene before her. An Exceed was tangled in the heavy vines hanging from the limbs of the trees, thrashing around furiously and cursing to herself. Another Exceed floated nearby as he sweatdropped and simply didn't look like he knew what to do. The Exceed floating by and looking flustered was Nadi, who she recognized from when she had seen him in Edolas, and after they had been sent back to EarthLand.

The one caught in the vines of the trees was a dark grey Exceed with white wings spread out wide and wrapped in the green plant. The Exceed was slightly fluffier than Happy, with ripped and torn ears with black fur covering her ear tips. Each arm and leg was wrapped up to the paw in white cloth bandages, and all four paws were black too. Her tail was wrapped halfway with the white bandages and the rest was long furry tail with a black tail tip. The Exceeds eyes were a bright pale blue, and a splash of white fur appeared on her forehead. She was wearing a black shirt with no sleeves and a hood with white strings coming from the hood, and the shirt reached down and stopped just at her legs.

"Miss, let me help you..." Nadi murmured as he reached forward to grab one of the vines, but the other Exceed turned an exceptionally scary look on him and he froze.

"What the hell did I just say?" The dark grey Exceed growled and Nadi backed away a little.

"How about you let me help you then?" Frea called up to the two and they both looked down to finally notice her standing there.