Chapter 30- Dislike Or Hate?

Start from the beginning

"Alright, could you take your shirt of please so I can look at that wound in your side?" Wendy asked quietly and Frea blinked a few times, before nodding and pulling her shirt off. She tossed the tattered and destroyed piece of clothing to the side, now all she had covering her upper body was the bloody bandages and her black swim-suit top with the silver specks dotting it.

Wendy removed the old bandages and her eyes widened a little in shock, the wound was worse than she had originally thought. Wendy's hands hovered around her side as her eyes narrowed in concentration, Magic rising up around her fingers and Frea watched her silently.

"Frea... It looks like there's something sharp in your wound.." Wendy murmured and Frea's heart dropped a little.

Crap...

"Damn it... I saw it so why didn't I realize it...?" She mumbled under her breath. She had noticed it earlier, although it had been rather hard to catch, but a piece of Tomaru's sword had been missing even before she sliced it apart. That shard that had been missing, she could only guess where it had ended up.

"Hmm?" Wendy murmured, eyes calm and face straight. "Realize what?" She asked.

"I'm guessing that, that 'something' your talking about, I think it might be a shard from the sword that got me earlier." Frea replied. Wendy frowned a little,

"I'm going to have to get it out before I try to heal you." Wendy told her and she looked away.

"Alright... Do it." Frea muttered. This was going to hurt... A lot.

Pain washed over her in waves as Wendy began her work, trying to use her Magic to get the extremely sharp piece of the blade out of the deep slash in her side. She silently cursed herself for not noticing the blade in the wound earlier, she had healed it up a little with her 'Heavens Light' Spell and now because of it, the blade shard was more painful to get out.

Her fingers tore into the grass, teeth clamped together and eyes shut tight.

It took all of her willpower not to yell in pain, or move. She had to stay still, or she might mess Wendy up.

Damn me... And damn you Tomaru with your stupid sword!

"I'm sorry Frea..." Wendy murmured. Frea didn't miss the concern or sympathy in Wendy's tone, the little Dragon Slayer could see how much pain it was causing her, even though the Energy Mage had managed to stay silent since she started.

"It's... Tch... Ok, I know you have to..." Frea hissed and her hands clenched around the grass harder.

Even Wendy's powers couldn't dull the pain very much as she tried to get the blade shard out of the wound.

"I almost..." Wendy murmured, eyes narrowed in concentration, and Frea's teeth clamped down harder as she went rigid, her body was screaming at her to move away from Wendy, but her mind kept her still.

The pain increased ten-fold.

GAH! GOD DAMNIT! IF I EVER SEE TOMARU AGAIN I WILL KILL HIM!

"I got it!" Wendy breathed in relief and Frea let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding as she slightly panted. The sharp waves of pain began to decrease as Wendy started to close up the wound as best she could, and Frea felt herself begin to relax.

Frea fell silent as Wendy began to look her over, healing the slash in her side enough so it wasn't serious, and repairing a few of the broken ribs she had. Frea didn't miss the look of surprise on Wendy's face when she moved to the place where she had been shot in the shoulder. Wendy's gentle fingers glided over the very shallow and hardly visible mark, it wasn't even deep, not seeming to have broken the bruised skin.