Chapter 17- Not Our Job

Start from the beginning

"Energy Dragon Roar!" She yelled as her tornado of spinning silver Magic spun out toward the man and the beam. The mans magic was easily swallowed in her own, and he was sent far away into the woods from the force of her attack. Her focus went back to the requip mage with the sword, who was swinging it out toward her.

Frea sidestepped a slash and her fist swung out toward him, "Energy Dragon's Iron Fist!" The requip mage was sent flying and she came to a stop, glancing over to see how Chase was doing.

Chase smirked as he aimed an open hand at the last Mage, and his Magic formed into the shape of an arrow. "Energy Arrow."

The arrow made of his light blue Energy Magic shot through the air toward the last of the men that was standing, and just before it reached the man, it exploded and threw the man back in a blaze of brilliant blue light. Chase turned to her with a smile and she smiled back as she walked toward him.

"What did they want anyway?" Chase asked and Frea shrugged.

"All I heard was that they were waiting to ambush some Fairy Tail Mages." She replied and he narrowed his eyes.

"Hmm... wonder who they were really waiting for?" Chase asked. They both blinked in surprise as a couple of very powerful Energy Signatures could be felt coming toward them. Frea relaxed, she knew who they were. "Huh... one of them is a Dragon Slayer, right?" Chase asked as he pointed his thumb over his shoulder, in the direction they could feel the Energy Signatures approaching from.

"Yep." Frea replied. "The more time you spend at the Guild, the more recognizable everyone's Energy Signatures will become to you." She explained. She smiled and crossed her arms behind her back. "You'll be able to tell whose who with little problem soon."

"I WANNA FIGHT TOO!" Chase turned around and they both smiled to see Natsu sprinting toward them, toothy grin spread across his face. Happy was flying beside his partner. As soon as Natsu saw the pair, his eyes went wide and he completely missed the fact that there were three unconscious men on the ground. The Fire Dragon Slayer tripped over one of the unconscious men, and fell flat on his face. Frea smiled and gestured a hand toward Natsu.

"His Energy Signature should not be hard to remember at all." She told Chase and he nodded, smiling too.

"I understand why." He murmured and Natsu jumped to his feet. Happy crashed into Frea's chest.

"Frea!" The Exceed exclaimed and Frea rubbed the top of his head affectionately.

"Haha! Hey guys!" Natsu exclaimed as he rushed up to them, smile growing wider. "Ready to fight me?!" Natsu asked excitedly and Chase shook his head.

"No thanks Natsu." Chase replied. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"We're on a job, supposed to come out here and beat up a group of thugs." Natsu explained and Frea and Chase exchanged a glance.

"Seems like our job was completed." They all glanced over to see Erza walk up with Gray and Lucy in tow. Happy let go of Frea and floated beside Natsu,

"Hey guys." Frea and Chase smiled and said at the same time.

"Sorry about that, we were just fighting back. " Frea apologized. Gray and Lucy were staring at Chase in surprise, and she tilted her head.

"Something wrong?" Chase asked, he looked a little nervous that they were staring at him.

"Is that you, Chase?" Gray asked and said Mage nodded. "Geez, man! Your really toughened up." Gray smiled and Lucy nodded. Frea hadn't exactly noticed it very much, but Chase did look different, and now he was as tall as her now.

"You look so much stronger." Lucy told him. Happy had began to fly around Chase's head,

"Did Frea beat you up a lot?" Happy asked, looking extremely interested. Frea frowned and pulled the Exceed toward her, bopping him on the head gently.

"Of course not!" She growled and Happy smiled.

"I assume your training went well?" Erza asked and Chase nodded.

"It was great, Teach really is a good mentor." He smiled and Frea smiled too. The other Fairy Tail Wizards smiled too, and Frea released a struggling Happy.

"Seeing as how we took care of your job for you, how about we head back together?" Frea suggested and they nodded.

"Sounds good." Erza murmured as they started walking back the way they came. "You two have been gone quite awhile, everybody's been wondering when you would come back." Erza told her as Frea fell into step beside her and Chase fell back to start up a conversation with Gray, Lucy, Natsu and Happy.

"Sorry, but teaching him took a long time." Frea explained. "But that's ok, he's turned out to be a pretty good Mage." She smiled and Erza nodded.

"I can tell, he seems much stronger since you left." Erza replied. "Gajeel and Natsu have been going stir-crazy without you there to fight with them." Erza told her and Frea smiled. Frea raised and eyebrow, and smiled, her pointed teeth flashing a little.

"Oh really?" She asked and Erza nodded. "Well then, they are very welcome to fight when we get back."