Ch.18

Normal POV

It been a week they hide in the forest. And no one have find out they are here. Shadow come out from the house. Silver and his little sister Cream are playing in front of the house. Shadow look at them playing.

Shadow POV

Under the bright sun, with the flowers around you, your smile, your laughter make the place more beautiful and more lively. But despite the view, you are even more prettier than this place, you are wonderful.

Normal POV

Silver notice Shadow is here, he greet him "Morning Shadow." "Morning." Shadow reply. Then Silver and Shadow look up at the sky at the same time, Silver start to notice somethings "Strange...We are now in the war...But why the sky look so beautiful ?" He ask. "Now you talk about that, is really strange. In the war, smoke should cover the sky instead of clean, and even isn't totally cover it, it should be red colour." Shadow says. Silver ask "You think it over?" There is a silence between them. After a few second Shadow answer "Yes,but there is something more." "What do you mean?" Silver ask. Shadow pick Silver up and says "Let go and check it out." He turn back look at Cream "Cream tell your mother we will go out the forest for a while, we'll back later." "Ok, Prince Shadow." Cream says.

Shadow walk back the way they came, suddenly he stop. Silver so confused, he look at Shadow, Shadow's eyes weren't looking straight instead he look at the ground. Silver at the ground, he was shocked. The ground have some dry blood and some rags. Those are kind of look like a maid dress and a servant clothes. Silver look back at Shadow and call him "Shadow..." Shadow sigh, that sound is so deep, so sad. Then he look back up and keep walking. Silver could only look at him with sorrow and worry.

So far they have arrive to the hole, Shadow and Silver slowly pass though. Just when Shadow about stand up, two guards use their battle-ax to trap them. The taller one ask "Who are you? Are you one of the Iblis's army?" Shadow look at the guards's torso armor, he realize that is his kingdom soldiers armor which that mean these two are his soldiers.

He ignored the question and stand up, his face turn to more anger. "What are you doing? Can't you hear what we just ask? Are you deaf?" The short one ask. Now Shadow is really angry, his red eyes turn to blood red and his voice turn to more deeper, more fearful "Shouldn't I was the one who ask you?! ARE YOU TWO BLIND???!!!!" The two realize this is their Prince, they quickly put down the weapons and bow to him. "Ou-our dee-deeply apology! Please forgive us! My prince." Shadow was about to shout them but he look back and saw Silver is shaking, Silver get scared by Shadow's anger. Shadow calm down and sigh "Fine... You may stand up." "Tha-thank my prince." The two say.

Shadow pick Silver up and turn back to the guards, just when he was about to ask them something, somethings at the back call the two guards. "Hey! What is going on?" That voice is so familiar. Shadow look at it, he can't believe his eyes. Is Knuckles! Knuckles shocked too, he quickly bow "Your highness!" "Knuckles!" Shadow quickly call him stand up. "I-I-I can't believe you---" "Alive? Heh heh... At first I thought I was going to die too! But... I still can't believe it! That is a MIRACLE!!!" Knuckles say with joy. "Whatever it is, is good to see you back." Shadow say. "Well you think this is the only surprise you got? Too bad there are still a lot surprise waiting for you!" Knuckles say. Shadow and Silver show a confuse face. Knuckles say "Don't just look at me. Come, follow me! You will know what am I saying."

Knuckles bring them to a place that not far away from forest. Silver's mouth is totally open. Shadow just say "No way...".