Chapter 2 - A Day In My Shoes

There's a saying that goes around:

Different Day, Same... Yeah you know the rest, but I say that's not true. I say:

Different Day, Different Problems Added Onto Yesterday's.

You might disagree but hey, that's just me.

"Yooo Chan, what you saying b? You kl yeah?"

That's Martin. The guy who's supposed to be my man. For starters, he just doesn't know how to speak proper English, he's just a typical hood boy. Second of all, he addresses EVERY girl like that. I actually don't know why I'm still with him. I guess I'm just with him because I'm lonely.

"Yeah I'm alright. Babe, I need to - " - Me.

"Ahh darlin, I gotta take this call yeah. Its my... Long lost cousin!" - Martin.

Yeah right, long lost cousin my backfoot. He's either on the phone to a girl OR on the phone to a customer to sell some food. I'm not going to explain what food is, you should know cos they call it 'piff' or 'weed' as well. But anyway, so I make my journey to class and there she is. Carla. Aka Riskee. She's called Riskee because if you get in her way she'll take a risk to do whatever she wants to do to you, no regrets. 

"Ayyyy, shortyy. What's your name again? Chay, Cine or something gay like that " - Carla.

"It's Chan." - Me.

"It was a question that wasn't meant to be answered you idiot" - Carla.

"A rhetorical question, durh" I thought I said that to myself, sadly enough I said it out loud. I guess you can kinda guess what happens next. Riskee throws a big punch at me and her girls get involved, my guy hears about it and comes to save me right?

No.

Wrong.

What actually happens is this:

"Ayy Chan man, chill, stop getting rude to Riskee, my young buck still" - Martin

"Ayyy, tell your girl Martin man, she don't rate mans still" - Carla

"Ahh, she aint my girl man, she's just ma lil ting on the side, you simme?" - Martin.

Oh. My. My ears must be deceiving me. So I punched him.

Her too!

Then I ran to the quiet room and cried and cried and cried. That heartbreaking moment. I mean I knew the chemistry was no longer there, actually I doubt there was chemistry there in the first place but the fact he said it out loud made everything...

Real.

I thought to myself, maybe if I don't say it out loud, it might not be true but baddabing baddaboom, he says it. Now what's a girl to do? Who do I turn to? Who do I call?