14 || Somebody's Heartbreak

Realistic Fiction 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

When you love someone you protect them from the pain, 

you don't become the cause of it.

-- Unknown

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"There she is," Jim sighed dreamily looking at Diana, who just walked into the cafeteria. 

"Dude, why do you like that girl so much?" Andrew, Jim's best friend, asked.

Jim immediately got defensive over Diana, hearing the negativity towards her. "You don't know her," he said.

"You don't know her either! Besides she's scary. Don't you see the bruises on her face, she is into like street fighting. Also, I hear she doesn't date, she you know--," Andrew added with blush appearing on his cheeks.

"You are going to be believe every rumor you hear around the mill," Jim sighed. He has had this little fight with his friend for years. But what he didn't understand is that Jim does know Diana. The real Diana and he loved her. He could never tell anyone that part. They would say he is too young to understand what that means. But he's not. He knows what he feels and he would do anything, and be anything for her.

"Yeah, whatever, man. Just don't go getting yourself hurt okay."

Jim nods, not really hearing his friends words. 

That night Jim was laying in bed. He had already checked the clock four or five times and knew it was around two in the morning. He was about to give up on sleep and put on an episode of  Smallville, when heard angry shouts coming from outside. Padding over to his window, wearing his superman boxers, and Flash t shirt, he peers out. 

It's coming from his neighbors house. Diana. 

"You little Bitch!" A masculine voice shouts, it must be her father. Suddenly, Diana, sprints into her room, which is right across from Jim's, and throws her door closed locking it quickly in the process. "Do you really think a door is going to stop me?" The booming voice is petrifying.

Diana is visibly shaking. Her window is closed, so Jim picks up a pencil and throws it at the glass. Her scared blues eyes instantly meet Jim's. He quietly motions for her to come across using the tree, as she had when they were kids.

Diana looks at her next door neighbor and nearly breakdown, but quickly schools her emotions. I just need to get out of her first, she thinks. Nodding to Jim, before opening the window, and climbing on to the tree connecting their homes. She closes the window behind her, and sees her father is banging on her bedroom door with full force. It will be only minutes before he is inside. She hops the branches, and jumps into Jim's room. Thankfully his lights are off. He takes her hand, and she moves them out of sight. 

"Where the hell are you?" She hears her father tearing about her bedroom, searching for her. He drank again today and needs a punching bag tonight. "When I find you, you're dead!" He promises.

Soon her father is out of her room, and her house is silent, but Diana doesn't move. 

"Diana," Jim says, and she turns to him. Standing before her, in his DC wear. 

That's when Jim realizes Diana has tears streaming down her face. He takes her into his arms easily.

"I've got you," he says, holding her in a tight embrace.