The kidnap (UPDATED 21/03/21)

It was an early autumnal evening as I walked down to the stables wearing my white riding shirt with black trousers and riding boots, my hair tied back into a plait as to keep it out of my face whilst riding. Opening up the door to the stable where my horse midnight was kept I saddled him up with all his tack as I heard my father, King Victor enter into the stables behind me. Glancing over my shoulder I saw the worried look on his face as he said "Calypso.... please! You know that the woods are dangerous and you shouldn't be going out there alone!". I simply sighed in response and shook my head as I lead Midnight outside and vaulted myself onto his back and rubbing his neck reassuringly as I glanced down at my father replying simply "I will be fine Father. I have survived the woods every other time I've been out, and I will do so this time without a guard". My fathers frowned in disagreement but he nodded his relenting to let me go alone "As you wish Calypso, but come back as soon as there is any trouble!" I simply smiled and leaned down kissing the top of my father's head in response before I gave Midnight a light kick and we galloped out of the courtyard and down the road toward the large woodland.

Glancing around as I see nobody is nearby to make note of where I go I spur midnight to head left inside the depths of the forest where most men, even knights, would refuse to head. There were rumours amongst village folk, which had even reached up to me and father, that the depths of the forest were the Devil's land and that people should not enter uninvited or without good reason. Now like most princess' i had been raised and taught about 'god' and the devil from the Christian religion. But that didn't mean I believed in them. For I had never seen anyone enact a 'miracle' nor had I ever laid eye's upon a demon or angel in the world, and why should I believe in creatures I had never encountered?

Trotting through the woodland on Midnight's back I grinned to myself as the birds chirped over my head and the wind rustled through the tree's blowing my plaited hair out behind me. Suddenly, however as if crossing into a different forest, the birds dropped silent and the wind seemed to take on a chill which sent a chill down my body. An uneasy whinny left Midnight's lips and I jumped slightly reaching down and petting his neck in a calming manner as I whispered "it's all ok boy, it's just the woods..... there's nothing here" trying to calm him down so that he wouldn't bolt with me upon his back.

As I glanced around my eyes spotted a cave which had been well hidden. There was a red glow emanating through the vines which covered the entrance. Raising my eyebrows in curiosity I jump down from Midnights back and tether him up to a tree. Slowly I approach the cave, the red glow drawing me in, pushing aside the vines as I enter my eyes don't have time to adjust as I sense another presence within the cave and I'm suddenly grasped from behind and there is a pain in my arm as the world fades to black.

When I find myself coming to I don't recognise the world around me, I am laying on a large king-size bed with red silk sheets. Groaning I sit up slowly, looking around the room for any routes out when a tall male with pale skin, red eyes, and jet-black hair standing over the end of the bed watching me. I pressed myself back up against the headboard asking "W....who are you?" as I tried to keep my voice steady and not portray my shock or fear. The male looked towards me with a broad smirk on his lips, and a confident glimmer in his eyes, as he simply replied "Lucifer". I couldn't help but bite down on my lower lips as I ask "Where are we? Why am I here?!" as I raise my voice slightly trying to portray some form of control and regality, even in this situation, though I didn't know what situation I was in yet.... was I to be killed? held for ransom? used as a pawn in a political situation?.

Getting quickly lost in my own thoughts about the potentiality of the situation I may or may not be in, and the dangers of each one, I failed to notice Lucifer moving around the bed with a smile still upon his lips until he leans towards me replying "We are in hell. And I have brought you here because you're beautiful.... much too beautiful for any mortal man to have you" blinking and turning my head towards him I gasp as the term 'mortal' knocks the rational thinking back into my brain as I remember that Lucifer is one of the Devil's many names. Though without much thinking I bluntly state "You.... your the devil aren't you!" a look which almost resembles pride comes across Lucifer's face as he nods his head replying "Yes. I am"