prologue

· prologue ·

"I'm so sorry, my dearest." Tears trickled down her cheeks, "I hope you'll be better off without me, a useless mother."

She placed her son, whom she named as Nam Joon at the doorstep of the church. Guilt and sorrows overwhelmed her as she placed him with a heavy heart. She had no choice, this was for the best. Her son, with a tag labelled- "Nam Joon" was left at doorstep and the mother left.

Flashback

"I promise to be with you with the rest of our lives. I love you, Min Hee." Tae Beom whispered into her ears.

It was a passionate and sincere love between them, they were sincerely in love with each other but parental objection separated them. Min Hee came from a poor family while Tae Beom came from a rich and powerful family. Love had no boundaries, they eloped to Jeju Island to lead their rest of their lives together..

Everything may seem perfect but soon, tragedy struck. An old illness relapsed for Tae Beom. He was critically ill and he only had four months to live. Confused and troubled, Min Hee was already carrying their son for four months. Soon, he had left her with his last words:

"Our son should be named Nam Joon. I want him to be a gentleman as his name suggests. I am so sorry Min Hee.." He heaved his last breath and left.

Filled with distraught and pain, Min Hee dodnt know what to do. She couldn't go back to Seoul with her baby because Tae Beom's family would never accept him and as well as her's..

She only had a choice..

to leave her child at a church, she can't earn money to raise the child and she feels that the child deserves more than a useless mother.

Hence, Nam Joon was left and abandoned.

All alone in the winter's breeze, in the chilly morning of December. His cries were heard and picked up by the church elder, Kim Jo Han.