29. Following her

Start from the beginning

"She is still working there I know that."

"Good we have something."

"It's useless."

"Why?"

"They won't tell where she is. It's for some security reason."

"Goddammit!" I got up angrily pushing away the chair.
I started pacing.

"Zylen calm down."

"How can I calm down?! I have been searching for her and it's like she doesn't even exist. Now when I know she does I still can't find her for some stupid reason.
It's the only way of finding her. Her office."

"It's difficult. They are not budging."

"Fuck them!"

"Zylen you are tired let's go back home."
________________

I got impatient day by day. We tried everywhere but couldn't find her. I was sick worried about her and I couldn't sleep.
So did Jake. I told Jake to take a break from it. We had decided not to tell anyone about it, not even Mia. I always did worry about her but I knew she'd led her life independently. But nobody knew about her whereabouts made me paranoid. My sleepless nights were even more sleepless.

"So any luck?"

"No."
I was driving with Jake accompanied me to a meeting.

"I told you I could help you."

"No Mia would just be..you know what I am talking about."

I kept on driving smooth and fast. Last when I had driven the car I had given Tiffany almost an heart attack. She had looked so pale at that time.

"Damn."
I cursed softly.
"Call Xavier fix an appointment with him. I gotta talk to him."
I steered the wheel by which the car took a sharp turn.

"Hey whoa wait."

"Do it!"

"Okay alright alright."
He fumbled with his phone and started making some calls.
But he wasn't very successful with it.

"They said he is unavailable."

"Bullshit."

"No he's got a meeting in half hour he is leaving for it."

"I have got to meet him."
I took another sharp left turn avoiding the traffic.

"C'mon man. Let's do this some other day."

"No."

"Zylen just listen."

"There."
The tires were screeching dangerously. I drove the car as I fast I could till I could burn the rubber.
I could see Javier her boss talking to somebody ready to leave in his car which was waiting for him.
I applied the brake hard and the car immediately stopped.
He looked surprised to see my car and that surprised turned into fear as soon as I opened the car door. I slammed it hard back shut.

"Javier."

"Mr Marc."

"We need to talk about something."

"I have a meeting to attend."

"It can wait."

"Excuse me?"

"Zylen let's go. Leave him."

Xavier bodyguard came in between him and me.I was too frustrated and if anybody tried and stopped me I would go crazy. My hand was halfway through punching the guard when Xavier called out.

"Mr Marc in my office ,please."

The guard stared down at me and I stepped back straighten my coat. We all walked into the building. All his employees recognized us immediately. Heads turned and whispers were in the air. It took the lift forever to reach the floor in which his office was. With each second I grew impatient which I had a hard time to control. I saw Jake whispering something like a prayer.
Besides his neat office they were a couple of rolled up building plans and a model of a site.

"Mr Marc do you have something to talk about to me?"

"I sincerely apologize on behalf of my friend for disturbing you but-"

"I want Tiffany's new contact details."
I demanded bluntly.

"Zylen!" Jake whispered angrily.

"I know she still works for you Xavier."

"I am sorry I can't give up that information."

"Why?"

"It's for protection of my employees ."

"I am related to her."

"Yes as her ex-husband-"

"I have to talk business with her."

"Business? Zylen she works under me so you can talk straight to me. What is this business?"

"Not your work related."

A long silence prevailed after. Xavier was thinking ways of to prevent me to talk to her. I had no idea why. He gave a hopeless sigh

"She told me not to let anybody contact her unless it's really an emergency. I'll let her know."

"It is. It is very much."

He pressed his head.
"Zylen she won't talk to you. She specifically said if anyone from Zylen's side or Zylen wanted to talk to her she wouldn't."

That went to straight through me. I couldn't move at all for a while. I somewhat expected this and was prepared but a I realized I really wasn't. It didn't feel good to be ignored or avoided from Tiffany.

How cold?

Not knowing what to do I simply walked out of the room. The lift took forever to reach down
As soon as I got out of the glass building a gust of wind rushed through me.

"Man wait up you just bolted right out. I know that was harsh in there but don't give up."

"I haven't."

"But you seemed very upset."

I turned back giving him a smile.
"I won't quit. There's nothing that can make me. Believe me Jake I won't stop at nothing to get back Tiffany. I won't. Never. She'll be mine, only mine."