Daddy

The whole night I was thinking about that kiss. Damn a part of me wish I would have stayed to get more. I was happy that he'd like what I got him for his birthday. Even though we aren't together I'll still get him something for his birthday he always did the same for me.

I pulled into the parking lot dropping Aliyah off to Steven's so I could handle some business. He walked out the door with grey sweat pants on a white v neck. Aliyah played with her barbies in the back seat. "Daddy's coming get your stuff baby" she grabbed her bag of barbies. I got out the car unbuckling her seat belt,"Mommy morrow we go see grandma."

"Yeah we're going to see grandma tomorrow. Right now your going with daddy while mommy handles some business." She got out the car running full speed when she saw Steven,"Daddy daddy." He smiled picking her up kissing all over her face,"How's daddy princess." She giggled,"Guud."

He walked over to me taking her bag out of my hand. Aliyah had her arms wrapped around his neck. She loved her daddy,"When you coming back?" I sighed leaning my back against the car,"In about an hour I'm going to talk to Marshall." He nodded,"Alright"

Aliyah squirmed in his arms to get down he put her down holding on to her hand. "Give mommy a kiss before I go bye bye." She gave me a juicy wet kiss on the cheek I smiled,"Mommy loves you okay." She just nodded staring up at Steven who was watching us with a smile. I gave her one last hug before I got ready to get in the car.

He grabbed my hand turning me around,"Wait-" His lips crashed into mine I leaned in. Aliyah tugged at his arm whining,"Daddy I wanna play Barbies." He smiled against my lips,"Okay baby."

Picking Aliyah up he carried her into the house. I got in the car driving to the park where Marshall wanted me to meet him. We haven't had a chance to talk but now we do. I have questions and he better have some answers.

I got to the park he was sitting under a tree at a bench. I walked over he smiled when he'd seen me. I never got the chance to have a relationship with my farther. It always warms my heart to see Aliyah and Steven together. A smile creeped on my face Steven's a great daddy to our daughter despite our young age.

"Hey Marshall" I said taking a seat. He returned my smile,"Hey Michelle." I was nervous to hear what he had to say. "First Michelle I'm going to start by saying I'm proud of you" his eyes were glassy. I gulped,"Thanks."

"Your mother raised you well and I know it had to be tough but-" I cut him off "Why weren't you in my life." He sighed,"Your mother and I were together in secret. Your grandfather didn't approve of our relationship me being three years older then her." I didn't know he was three years older then mom. He looked young for his age he had to be in his late forties.

"Alright", I said waiting for him to continue. "When your mother got pregnant with you at the age of twenty six she didn't tell me or your grandparents." Momma didn't tell me none of this she never even mentioned my father once to me. "She kept it a secret until she had you and then of course her family knew by then. I found out when you were six years old. I tired to come and be there for you but she wouldn't let me."

Tears streamed down my face as I stared at the man who was my farther that I barely knew because of my own mother. We look alike I had his wavy hair and his thick eyebrows everything else I resembled my mothers. I took my height from him and I don't know what else.

"Michelle I wanted to be there for you for so long" he sobbed. It broke my heart to see him cry. I guess I wasn't the only one. "I hated your mother for not letting me see you and for hiding you from me so I went away. Married someone else tried to have kids but she couldn't have any. We separated got a divorce a few years later I got a call from your grandmother that your mother had cancer."

We were both in tears at this point strangers walking past us staring at two people crying in the park. "Michelle from the moment I laid eyes on you I wanted to break down and cry at how grown up my baby girl has gotten and all that I missed" he sobbed some wiping his cheeks.

"It's okay I don't blame momma or you anymore. I'm grown up and I have my own child and I know what it's like. Marshall thank you for being here now for me." I smiled holding his hand.

I never knew what it was like to have a dad and to be daddy's little princess but my daughter will and that's all that matters. We stood up and hugged it out after crying off a pound. I wanted to get to know my dad and when the time comes I would ask my mother why.

Right now I'm happy that my farther did want to be in my life. For some reason my mother didn't want him to be. Marshall and I relieved the tension of the conversation and he asked me about my life.

"How's that beautiful little girl of yours" he smiled referring to Aliyah. "She's doing great we both are right now she's with her farther."

"Are you and what's his name Steven? Together" I bite my tongue,"Uh no we're still trying to work things out." He nodded understandingly,"The boy seems like he caused you a lot of trouble is what I heard from your mother."

I laughed,"Yeah, but he's sweet and a great farther to our daughter." It was nice talking to my father Marshall. I wanted to get to know him more. We both laughed the same with the crinkle of our eyes. He seemed like a great guy and was supper funny I wish I would have known him growing up.