Surprise

*Michelle up top"

Courtney finally texted back telling me to come in. Now I was officially going to strangle her for having me sit in this car outside. I opened the door getting out the car the cold breeze slapping my face.

I bit my lip throwing my hood over my head. I ran to the front door knocking, "Courtney open the door it's cold out here" I yelled no one came to the door. I twisted the knob opening the door. The entire house was dark.

Closing the door behind me I whispered, "Courtney don't be trying to scare me". Just then the lights turned on a whole bunch of people came out screaming, "Surprise".

I jumped back holding my chest. Courtney ran up to me laughing, "Surprise Chelle". I smacked her arm, "You had me standing out there in the cold".

She just laughed. Braxton walked up front out of the crowd of people. He smiled, "Surprise Michelle". I just smiled hugging him. "You guys are the best a surprise baby shower".

He laughed, "Yeah sorry its at night this is the only time you wouldn't expect it". I couldn't stop smiling this was amazing.

They put a sash around me and we played baby shower games. I walked around thanking everyone for coming. Everyone seemed just as happy as I was. People kept asking me what I was having but I told them I was keeping it an a surprise. I found Braxton in the crowd of people talking to his friends.

I tapped his shoulder causing him to turn around, "Hey you". He smiled, "Wassup you having fun". I nodded looking over at the hug overloaded corner full of baby stuff.

He dropped his arm around me, "I'm so happy your having a good time". I just smiled up at him this was the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me. It would be perfect if mom was here. My smile faded, "I just wish mom was here".

He pulled me into a hug kissing my forehead, "I know everything's going to work out trust me". Deep down I knew that everything was going to be alright. My auntie came and we walked away from the crowd. "Where's Steven". I shrugged, "Auntie Viv he left me". She gasped, "The hell he didn't leave my beautiful niece pregnant". I nodded sadly, "Yes but I'm fine I don't need him". She gave me a small smile, "If you need anything just call me baby".

I hugged her, "Thanks aunt Viv your the best". She laughed, "If I see that little boy Steven I'm going to beat his ass". I just laughed at her knowing if she really did see him she would kill him. Aunt Viv was that crazy her and mom was total opposites.

Courtney dragged me by my arm when aunt Viv wasn't looking. "We need to open gifts before it hits one". She sat me down in a chair then stood up on a step stool. "Everyone it's time for Michelle to open gifts".

Everyone crowded around me I was so happy to see all my closest friends and family smiling faces. Courtney handed me the first bag it was big with a cute yellow bunny on it. I read the card, "From Felicia wish you and your bundle of joy the best". I smiled at her in the crowed, "Thank you Felicia this means so much to me".

She just smiled and started laughing. I opened the bag and pulled out a cute yellow onesie that said, "My mommy loves me" on it. I put it back in the bag and pulled out a bunch of glass baby bottles and newborn diapers.

I must've had at two hundred of those little new born diapers already. I put everything back in the bag and handed it back to Courtney.

She handed me another bag this one smaller. There was no card but it was so cute. It was pink with red ribbons on the side. I looked inside pulling out a white fluffy throw blanket for the baby.

I closed the bag sitting it beside me on the floor. Courtney dragged over a huge gift wrapped boxed. I tore the wrapping off it was a giant baby swing. I picked up the card it read Braxton in really neat handwriting. I looked up at him and smiled, "Braxton thank you so much".

He got up pulling me into a big hug, "No need to thank me Michelle".

There were to many gifts for me to open all in one night so me and Courtney hurried and wrapped everything up. I've never seen so much baby clothes in my life.

It's like I had my very own baby department store. Everything from bottles, diapers, formula everything I needed except a baby daddy.

I didn't want my child to grow up without a daddy because I didn't. I always wonder what it would be like to have a dad. I just want my baby to have the experience with both of their parents.

Steven would have been a great father to our baby. I just wished he would have stayed not for me but the baby. It's not fair and I never liked those dads that walked out on their kids.

I know we're young but I just thought me and him would always be together. That we would raise our baby together and we would beat the odds.

I felt someone lay their hand on my shoulder I turned around. Braxton frowned at me, "Are you okay, why are you alone?"

I gave him my best smile, "I'm fine just getting some fresh air". He stared at me, "Okay well everyone's looking for you".

I nodded he grabbed my hand leading me back inside. My uncle shady smiled at me, "Michelle your mother really wanted to be here for you".

"I know she's getting better right" I asked. His smiled faded he kissed my forehead then walked away. I turned around staring after him.