Broken Heart

*Michelle at the top*

It's been three weeks since I last talked to Steven. It hurts just sitting here going through our old pictures on my phone. I haven't been able to do anything without thinking about him. It's like he's all that I think about. Sometimes it feels like we were never really together.

I heard he has a new girlfriend. When I found out my heart felt so heavy in my chest, I couldn't breathe. This sitting here hoping that he's missing me and is thinking about me sucks. Every now and then I'll be fine, I'll forget about the whole thing.

Late nights I'll sit in the darkness of my room staring up at the ceiling. I'll think about us, how he made me smile, and laugh, us holding hands, walking down the street together. Sitting on my front porch talking for hours. Us walking down the street on those late nights him holding me from behind so close. The way he hated when I use to take pictures of him even though I thought he was so cute.

I missed him terribly it hurts that he moved on and he doesn't care. I know he doesn't care about me anymore that's how he is but apart of me still holds on. My phone vibrated next to me it was Courtney, "Hey Michelle are you still sad about Steven?" I sighed into the phone, "Yeah I know I shouldn't be but I am." We both sat there on the phone silent for a minute. She broke the silence "Well if you wanna come over and talk about it we can."

I really needed someone to vent to get this all off my chest. Maybe I might just move on if I talk about it to someone about everything and how I feel.  "Yea I'll come over be there in five", I hung up the phone. Grabbing my purse and keys I hopped in the car and sped down the road.

Pulling up in front on Courtney's house I turned off the engine getting out. As I walked up the path to the front door I could hear yelling from inside. It sounded like a man and woman arguing. I hesitated to knock or just leave I decided to knock. As soon as I knocked the yelling stopped. A fat bald man answered the door, "Who are you." Swallowing the knot in my throat. I said,"I'm Michelle I'm here for Courtney is she here?" The man looked me up and down turning around he yelled over his shoulder, "Courtney some girl here to see you!" Looking back at me again he eyed me speciously,"You can come in."

I stepped cautiously in the house. It rank of  beer, sweat, and cigars. There were clothes, paper plates with bugs and rotten food on the tables. The fat bald man sat on the couch.

Courtney walked in the room motioning for me to follow her. Without saying a word I followed her down the hall to what I assumed was her room. It was nice and cleaner in here than all the other rooms we passed by in the hall.

Sitting on the bed she sighed, "I'm sorry about that stupid ass drunk in there." I shook my head, "It's fine I totally understand." She put her head down taking a deep breath, "Every since my mom and dad got a divorce. My moms been dating Fred things haven't been the same since then. She lets him beat on her and scream at her. I'm afraid he might really hurt her one day or me if I try to stick up for her...so I stay in my room."

Small tears slid down her cheeks. I moved closer to on the bed rubbing her back, "Courtney don't cry it's hard for everyone I'll be here with you if you need anything." She continued with what she was saying, "I don't know why she won't leave him. I cry in the middle of the night sometimes because he forces her to have sex with him I can hear her screaming no!" She sobs into the pillow for awhile I sat there in silence. After a couple minutes she quickly gathers herself pushes back the tears and puts her guard back up. Looking up at me she smiled faintly, "I'm so selfish here I am running my mouth about my problems I supposed to be listening to you."

I chuckled, "I'm a better listener than I am telling my feelings to someone." Well enough about my shitty life are you ok with the whole Steven situation." Just the thought of him made me want to burst into tears. He hurt me so bad but I didn't want to cry even though that's probably the best thing to do.

I felt as if he didn't deserve my tears no matter how bad he treated me. In my book no man is worth crying over, but God and your father. She put her hands over mine looking at me with concern. Taking a deep breath, "I really am hurt but I won't to cry. I really did love him and he hurt me. I gave him my all I trusted him to the end and back."

Courtney waited for a moment so I could gather myself, "Michelle your beautiful, intelligent, and funny. No only the most coolest and caring person I know. Steven didn't deserve you he lost a wonderful girl. He's going to regret it when he sees you with someone else."

In a way she was right he didn't deserve me. That wasn't going to stop my heart from aching. Or erase the memories of him from my head. Apart of me still wished he would come back to me. The other side says he never treated you like the queen you are he's gone it's your chance to move on.

"Courtney your right he moved on so should I...but it's not that easy it's going to take time but I can do it." Courtney smiled scooting over to me she gave me a hug. I really needed that talk it helped a little. Nothing still can completely ease the pain. Courtney walked me to the door and waved goodbye at me from the porch as I drove off.

I decided to pass by Steven house to see if he was home just the sight of his car in driveway was enough comfort for me. Slowly driving by his house I didn't see his car. Disappointed I felt like an idiot driving by my exes house. I went home and took a hot shower. It was 9 o'clock already and I wasn't even tired.

I don't have any friends all my friends were friends of Steven's so they don't talk to me anymore after we broke up. Strolling through Instagram on my phone I got a notification he unfollowed me for some reason this broke my heart even more.

I went on his page and looked through all his pictures. All the pictures of us were gone. He really moved on and doesn't even care anymore. I laid on my back and looked at the ceiling tears slid down my face for the first time.

A/N: Thank you for reading this book I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave feedback on it if you liked it all feed back helps. Vote for this chapter if you liked it.