Two: The First Fight

Kayla

I am about to apologize to the person I bumped into, but before I get the opportunity, she begins to speak. 

"Watch where you're going." The girl spits at me.

I raise an eyebrow. 

"Don't you know who I am?" she demands, "I can ruin you." 

I smirk at her and snort. Like I'm afraid of her. She looks at me shocked.

"Best of luck with that" I taunt.

"What did you just say?" 

"I said best of luck with that, bitch."

A bunch of oo's and whispers go around as our little scene has caught people's attention. 

Before she says anything else, one of her friends speaks up behind her, "Siera. She's not even worth it."

Siera looks behind at her friend and nods. She then turns around and walks away along with her group.

I roll my eyes and then head to the change rooms for the gym. I slip into a pair of blue running shorts and a black tank top before heading into the gym. Most of the class is inside already lacing up their shoes or chatting with their friends. The teacher walks into the gym and smiles at the class. I look down at my schedule and note that his name is Mr. Hill. 

"Since today we have a new student, I'm going to get her to introduce herself before I take attendance." Mr. Hill says to the class, motioning for me to come forward.

I walk up in front of the class, "Hey, name is Kayla Pitt. I moved to New York from Florida when I was twelve and I've been homeschooled until today."

"Thank you, Kayla. Alright everyone, today is your lucky day, we are going to play a dodgeball tournament." 

He divides the whole class into 2 teams and the game starts. Not many balls were thrown at me, and if they were, I dodged them quite easily. It's easy to dodge giant foam balls when you are used to dodging bullets. It was reaching the end of the game, and there was one person left with me on my team and two on the other. The two boys on the other team each threw two balls each to the boy next to me, hitting him in the leg. 

"Suck it Reece!" One of the boys from the other team says to the boy next to me as he goes to sit down, they then focus their attention on me. I look around at my side of the gym and notice all of the dodgeballs were on my side.

"I'm Max and that's Luke." Says the boy with the dark brown hair. He eyes me as I pick up a red ball.

The other boy, Luke, stays silent. Luke has light brown hair, almost blonde, and striking blue eyes. As I look between the three boys, I realize that they are my targets. I decide to throw the red dodge ball at Luke, but he dodges it easily. I pick up another ball and throw it at Max, but he dodges it as well. They both look at each other and fire their balls at me. I try my best to dodge their throws, but they manage to get in a few good hits. 

We play a couple more games of dodgeball before Mr.Hill dismisses us. I head into the change room and change quickly before anyone else gets in. Although I am not overly concerned if a few high school girls see my Martin Gang tattoo, but I have to be as careful as possible. After changing, I walk out of the change room and try my best to navigate myself to my English class. When I finally find the classroom, I notice a few empty seats but a seat that catches my attention is one right next to Reece Walsh. Perfect. 

I slam my textbook on to the desk and plop into the seat. Reece looks directly at me with a smirk on his face. 

"Hey there." He says.