A Little G-Eazy Never Hurt Anybody

*Josh's POV*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNoFtaTS58

PLEASE WATCH THIS AWESOME EDIT MADE BY @viodezria

~*~

I think I had fucked up. Avery hadn't called or texted me back since our date three days ago. My phone buzzed in my pocket and threw a glance to the teacher up front. I took it out to find a text from Mirranda, the waitress from Red Lobster. We had been texting non-stop since I met her while I was waiting for Avery to get back from the bathroom.

Mirranda😈 - hey, cute ass
Joshua👅💦 - hey little lady
Mirranda😈 - so you know that artist i told you to listen to? G-Eazy?
Joshua👅💦- yeahhhh..., he's good, btw, ya know, if you're into that type of shit, even tho i don't really like R&B like that
Mirranda😈 - IT'S RAP!!!! Omfg, you're hopeless
Mirranda😈 - either way, he's coming to NC!!!!!!
Joshua👅💦- lit, when??
Mirranda😈 - the 27th of this month
Joshua👅💦 - $$$ ??
Mirranda😈 - depending where ya @ but the ones we should get are kinda close, so it'd be like $500

I go to the TicketMaster website and I find the concert she was talking about. "When It's Dark Out". I buy two tickets, ending up closer than the one's Mirranda was talking about. $1,600 for both of us. I screenshot the ticket confirmation and send it to her.

Joshua👅💦 - i gotchu ;)))))))))))
Mirranda😈 - *SCREAMS* OMFG YOU DID NOT!!!!! ILY ILY ILY ❤❤❤
Joshua👅💦 - ily2, can't wait for our date then ;)
Mirranda😈 - what songs have you listened to by him???
Joshua👅💦 - tumblr girls
Mirranda😈 - THAT'S IT???
Mirranda😈 - you've gotta be fucking kidding me 😐
Mirranda😈- listen to all of his songs, especially the one's on his more current album and report back
Joshua👅💦 - k qt
Mirranda😈 - shit, g2g g2g g2g, teacher alert

I pocket my phone and turn to look at Marco. Maybe he's seen or heard from Avery.

"Yo, have you seen Avery?" I ask him and he shakes his head.
"Nah, but Emma said something about a family emergency or something." Marco shrugs.
"Hmm, weird." I mumble.

For the rest of English IV honors, I'm not able to pay attention, even more than usual and I'm relieved when the hell rings to dismiss us. The rest of the day passes by in a blue and then the bell for 2nd lunch, my lunch, finally rings. I head down to the cafeteria, expecting to see Avery's familiar brown hair but nothing. I sigh, collapsing onto one of the red plastic seats.

"I just bought two boxes of pizza so be eternally grateful." Ryder says, plopping himself and two Papa John's boxes down on the table.
"What'd ya get?" I ask him.
"Regular pepperoni and Canadian bacon with pineapple." Ryder says.
"Lit, now please pass the CBP." I say. I take a slice from the box and take a bite. "Has anyone seen Avery?" I ask.
"She and her mom are down in Florida, for a family matter." Alexia says and then her face has a quick flash of pain before a scowl sets on her face. Emma bites down on her sausage pizza, trying to hide the look of smugness on her face. Well, that's interesting...

Avery 👑 - I miss you, baby girl, hope FL ain't that fun and you come back home soon #lonelybackhome :(

/|\

It's been almost two weeks since Alexia let it slip that Avery was on Florida and there was still no sign from her. Tonight was finally the night of the concert and to be honest, I was excited. I hadn't been to a concert since Vans Warped Tour 2015 in the summer. My phone buzzes and it's a text from Mirranda.