It's Whatever

dedicated to @xnauseousx for the new cover which I love and to @sparkeyihere for the other cover that I've added. thank you guys so much, I love them :) now, to the story!

~*~

*Josh's POV*

~*~

Kissing Avery was like a dream. A crazy, wonderful, exciting dream. And you know that feeling you get when you wake up from an amazing dream? Yes, that's the feeling I had when she stopped the kiss.

The realization that crashed in when she mentioned Emma's name, was pure embarresment. This was a girl that I maybe liked and I maybe liked her friend.

God, this is so fucked up. After Avery practically ran upstairs, I pulled out my phone and ear buds. Goddamn earbuds, always making a tangle of themselves.

I slowly make my way to the back porch. The scene took my breathe away. There weren't many houses on this strip, and there were people outside, enjoying this Friday evening.

I finally manage to untangle them and I plug in the earbuds. My ears quickly are filled with Arctic Monkeys, "I Wanna Be Yours".

I close my eyes and let the music flow through my ears, one after the other.

~*~

"Josh?" someone says, taking my ear bud out. "Huh?" I ask groggily. Guess I must've fallen asleep. Again.

"Guess what I have." Ryder says, as I try to turn on my phone. Dead. Go figure. "What?" I ask.

"Deez nuts." Ryder says and he burts out laughing. "Got 'em!" He exclaims. I roll my eyes and Ryder continues laughing. "I'm kidding dude. But for real, we're almost done with the burgers." Ryder says.

"Okay? And? What do you want me to do?" I snap and then laugh, making sure it didn't sound as bad. "Can you just help set up the table?" Ryder asks and I get up and strech. "He- " Emma says as she comes outside and cuts herself off.

I suddenly noticed that my shirt was halfway up, showing off my very well put together 6 pack and my v-line. I instantly pulled down my shirt and Emma blushed, looking away.

"Um, come and set the table." Emma mummbles and awkwardly hobbles away. I smirk smuggly at her reaction. Ryder looks back at me and the spot where Emma was standing. I quickly swipe my smug expression off my face and clear my throat. "C'mon. Let's go set the table." I tell him.

"You mean you. You are setting the table. Not me. I helped with the burgers, so." Ryder says and I groan. I limp inside and stare at my crutches. To be honest, I'm scared of crutches. I don't know why, but I am. I carefully grab them and start the get used to the material under my arms and in my grip.

"They don't bite, ya know." I hear someone say. Startled, I drop them and sigh. I look up and see Alexia. "And let me guess, you do?" I snap, frustrated, I pick up my crutches. I look up and see her expression falter, the hurt easily spotted on her face. "Fuck, I'm sorry." I say and she shakes her head.

"Don't be. I'm a bitch, and I deserve it." Alexia shrugs. "Yeah, but this was just..." I drift off. "It's okay. I promise." She says. "What's up?" She asks as I finally get comfortable on the crutches. "We're about to eat. And I have to set the table." I say as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Oh, and the weather's nice, so it won't be so hot outside." Alexia says and my mouth quirks up. "We're actually eating inside." I say and Alexia raises her eyebrows at me. "Now that's just stupid as fuck." She says and I laugh.

"I know. What we should do, is eat outside, lazy bastards." I say as we walk into the kitchen. Alexia laughs and everyone turns to look at us. "Hey guys!" I say as I drive the attention away from Alexia. "Hey, start setting the table, will you?" Dylan asks as he hands me some plates and cups.

"No, fuck this. We came to the beach. We're eating outside." I say as I set down the stuff on the counter. "What? No way. We're eating inside." Dylan says, shaking his head. "Nope. We did not drive almost four hours just to eat inside. We're eating outside. Ryder, Marco, back me up here." I say.

Ryder cautionly nods his head and Marco says "It's true. I was gonna say something but then I was like 'nahh'." I smirk as Dylan mummbles a string of colorful words and sighs. "Fine! We'll eat outside." He grumbles and we cheer. I go outside and start clearing off the table of dead leaves and after a couple minutes, we're all seated, including Emma and Avery, who came down the stairs, laughing and talking like middle schoolers.

I try to catch Avery's eye but it seems like she's avoiding me. Probably is, and I wouldn't blame her. We kissed while she's dating another guy, I mean, not even I've done that. And I'm what you would now call a "fuckboy". I sigh at the thought and try to listen to the conversation. "Lets go to the beach tomorrow!" Ryder says and everyone agrees. Fuck, how screwed can I get? But, seeing the way Emma got, I could just get many numbers tomorrow. Damn, now I see I may possibly be a fuckboy.

As the sun goes down on the beach, creating the most tumblr looking sunset I've ever seen, we quickly clear the table and head inside. It's already 9:30 and I had promised James I would him at his bed time.

I hobble upstairs to my bedroom and instead of looking around, I charge my phone in the bathroom, listening to music while I shower.

Breathe Carolina's "Savages" starts playing and I can't help but sing along. "Break out again. You start to feel. It's all pretend. This time it's real. Body starts to give in. Try to keep your eyes open. This is where you breathe in. Right now you're one of us. Wolves in our own skin! (WHAT?!). We're savages. We act so primitive. (WHAT?!). We're savages. Do the rain dance. Like you're on fire. Like you're on fire. We're savages. (WHAT?!)" I hum along as I dry myself and just I'm pulling on my sweatpants, the door burst open and in comes Avery. "Josh!! Can you -" Avery starts and then cuts herself off. She turns a bright red and avoids my eyes. A smile tugs my lips and I just have to ask. "What do you need?" Avery blushes even more and avoiding my gaze, she says "I was gonna ask if you could kill a spider, that's in my room, but it looks like your busy, so I'll just go." And with that, she closes the door and goes away, leaving me dumbfounded.
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

author's note : hi you guys, its karina! i just wanted to say, thanks for being so patient for this update but i wanted to say that...

One: if you want me to be more or less descriptive about the hook up scences, tell me. just comment which one and the one that has the most, wins, basically.

Two: a few chapters back, someone wanted me to write the chapters longer. now, either i can write long chapters and take forever to update or write short chaoters like i usually do and have an update once a week, is that a good deal? maybe i'll update tuesdays but they'll be kinda short. you decide.

Three: thank you so freaking much for every single read, vite and comment! you honestly have no idea how happy it makes me that this story has so many reads! thank you so much! i love each and every single one of yall.

Four: now, besides wattpad, i have something called a life. i know, it's mostly a really wierd word, and hardly anyone uses it, lol. okay, no, in all seriousness, i have finals coming up. i had one yesterday and today and they were in science and social studies and i'm terrible at them. so i have to study, and then i still have my language arts final on june 2nd (which will be a piece of dauntless cake) and my math final (which will be seriously hard because i'm terrible at math. even worse than the one's i just had) on june 3rd. so if i can't update, please cut me some slack.

and that's it for this chapter! xoxo