Is She Mine?

*Josh's POV*

~*~

I hobble around my room, shoving stuff in my duffle bag. Will I need condoms? I mean, I'm on crutches, eh fuck it. I throw the little box in and zip it up.

I hobble down the stairs, duffle bag in hand and sit down on the couch.

"Come outside. And get in the car." Avery's text read.

Smiling, I quickly hobbled out the house and as I locked the front door, I saw Avery, leaning on the hood of her car, scowling at her phone.

"Avy, what's up?" I say heading over to her.

"Joshy! And nada, just checking how long the car ride is going to be." She replies as she goes into the car and plug in her phone.

The shock of her Spanish must be registered on my face because she quickly says "I have Mexican roots. My mom's dad was American and her mom was Mexican. It's just that, my grandma died when my mom was a year old. So my mom doesn't really speak it."

I nod, absorbing this new information. Now looking at her, you can see that she isn't as pale as you thought she was and her hair is a little closer to black than brown.

I shove my stuff in the backseat and move to the front of the car, riding shot gun.

"What about you?" Avery asks as she pulls out the drive way.

"Well, mom is Italian but my dad is English, Britsh, whatever you want to call it. And James's dad is American." I say, looking out the window as the neighborhood goes by in a quick blur.

"So you and James, you aren't..." Avery ask quietly.

"No, we're brothers. I hate that everyone just assumes that because we have different sperm doners, we aren't brothers. Everyone has to put a label on everything. 'Half brothers' , That shit doesn't exsist. I've taken care of my brother since I was 10. Our 'parents' left us all alone in this big as house Eliot has in California. They would go on trips for a long period of time, and I would recive post cards, from what place they were at that time. My mom literally dragged us halfway across the country just to 'connect to her roots'. " I say and quickly snap my mouth shut.

Oh, fuck. I just basically told her my life story. Would she also like to know why I agreed to come with her? The real reason?

"If your mom is Italian, which is pretty cool by the way, why is she here in North Carolina?" Avery asks and I feel my body relax.

"Because, apperently her family's family came her and settled down or whatever. I don't really know. I wasn't paying attention." I say and Avery laughs.

"How long is the trip to the beach gonna be?" I ask.

"About 3 hours and a half. So in total, 7 hours. And that's if traffic is good." Avery sighs.

I nod and we drive down the road, with Avery's music playing softly in the background.

~*~

"What is this crap?" I exclaim after an hour of listening to Avery's music.

"It's music. Now shut up! This is the best part!" Avery exclaims and then starts singing.

"Oh no no. Oh no no. She's confident! Oh woah woah! Oh woah woah! And I'm down with it!" Avery sing and I pretend to shoot myself.

"Hell no. We are not listening to the shit for 2 and a half more hours. Over my dead body." I say and yank Avery's phone from the hook up.

The car is quite and Avery's phone lights up, amd I read the name of the song.

"We were listening to -" I shudder "Justin Bieber?!" I exlaim and I pretend to vomit.

"Do not judge the Biebs! You don't know the Biebs. You don't understand the Biebs. Or his hair." Avery says and I say in high pitched girl voice "Gag me with a spoon. One Summer is soo much better than Justin Bieber!"

Avery laughs and says "It's One Direction, which are bae, by the way. And 5 Seconds of Summer , who are also bae."

I roll my eyes and take out my phone. "Same difference."

"No! Uh uh! No! No! No! You will not, under any circumstances will you put your music on!" Avery exlaims and I wave her off.

"You love my music." I say and plug it in.

G-Eazy's "Tumblr Girls" starts playing.

Cause I'm in love with these Tumblr girls. With skinny waists and drug habits. Pretty faces, love status. She acts as if she's the baddest. Man I swear she's just like tons of girls, she expects the free drinks. And I'm successful she thinks, always comes around with these things. We fuck off and on, off and on, only ever really fuck off and on. Never see her these days cause I'm often gone. When I'm home off tour, never stop for long. Back this week from across the pond. Noticed I was close to the block she's on. Elevator to the floor her loft is on, drinking whiskely, she likes vodka strong.

I hum along and look at the passing veiw. From the corner of my eye, I see Avery tapping her thumbs on the steering wheel, to the beat.

Smiling to myself, I let G-Eazy's words wash over me.

Cause she's a bitch, I'm selfish. Want every girl, can't help it. And it's tough for me to shelf it, it's you I see myself with. Right now I know you felt it, I touched her there then she melted. We shouldn't chill but we do it still, gotta play the hand if you dealt it. She says she can't feel her face. Right now, I can't feel my heart. Fir your feelings, there's no place, but you knew that from the start.

When the song finishes, I look over at Avery. "Better than Justin Bieber?" She smiles and says "Never."

The next song starts playing , R U Mine? By Arctic Monkeys, and I close my eyes and doze off.

~*~

I feel as if someone were pushing me, and I groan. "Joshyyyy! Wake up!" Someone says and I open my eyes. Avery sighs in relief and says "Finally, it took forever for you to wake up."

I smile and sit up in the seat. I look outside and see kids on skateboards and bikes. Stuff, people couldn't do back home. Home. I just called North Carolina, home. God, I need to go back to California.

I see Marco, Ryder, Dylan, Brittney, Alexia, Kendell and even Emma. Obviously since Emily's stupid self decided to break up with Marco, her ass wasn't invited.

I see Avery pale at the sight of Dylan and I raise my eye brow. "You okay?" I ask her and she nods.

"Yeah, totally fine." She says and she grabs my hand and squeezes it. I smile as my hand tingles with her warmth.

"Let's go babe." I say and she smiles. "Okay." We get out the car and walk , Avery walks, I hobble, to our friends.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Yay! Early update! Sorry for the cliffhanger!

Update / Thursday , April 23 , 2015.

Love yall!✌️😌