Jessica... My Best Friend!

(A/N: Heyyyy guys! I'm not sure where this story is going. It kinda just came to me as I was walking to school. Please tell me where you think this should go!!!!!!!! Picture of Summer on the right! Dedicated to Shanniin for the awesome cover :D)

Her name is Jessica. She has beautiful red hair that cascades down her back and dark murky eyes that are the same colour as her hair. It was so easy to get lost in them that sometimes, I don't even realise what she's saying until she smacks me out of frustration. She has an hour glass figure that makes all the girls jealous and the entire guys swoon. Standing at '5'6', she was completely beautiful and most importantly my best friend.

I was hanging against my locker when she walked in. Everyone stopped and stared at her but she was completely oblivious as she strode towards me. She was wearing a gorgeous top and a mini skirt that would look terrible on anyone else but only she can pull it off. She had huge gold rings in her ears; she loved jewellery. She smiled when she saw me and as she approached I could feel my face getting hotter just by her sheer beauty.

"Hey babe," she greeted me giving me a huge hug.

"H-hi," I stammered stupidly. She got me like this EVERY time! She chuckled which made me blush again.

"Omg, you're sooo cute!" she squealed loudly making everyone look at us again. I frowned at that. I hated being called "cute." The bell rang loudly making me jump. I sighed loudly.

"C'mon! Class is going to start!" she yelled while walking quickly towards our first period, History. I sighed again; I did not want to go to class today. I made up my mind and went straight to the girls toilets. Eh, I thought, screw it. It's only one period. I leant against the sinks and splashed some water onto my face to calm myself down. It didn't really work and I found myself staring at my reflection. I had long curly blonde hair that I hated because I could never run a brush through it. I have maroon glasses that I've had since grade three. Jessica always says I have beautiful blue eyes but my glasses hide them. I hated them because whenever we go to the beach I can never wear cool sunglasses and it annoys the hell out of me! I have heaps of freckles on my cheeks and nose and I guess I have an average body. My breasts are quite large but I try to hide them. Jessica keeps nagging me to, as she puts it; 'flaunt them' but I guess I'm just not that kind of girl. I sighed once again and waited till the bell rang for second period. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Jessica talking to Mrs Hooper our History teacher. Probably talking about how well she's doing in class. She not only has the looks, but she's also really good at hitting the books to. She finished talking to the teacher and ran over to me squealing.

"Oh my goodness Summer! Mrs Hooper just told me that I have the best grades in the SCHOOL!" she practically screamed that last part out while manically jumping up and down. She grabbed my arms and we both happy danced until I realised we were the only ones in the hallway.

"Oh god, we're late!" I yelled pulling Jessica towards our Geography class. I did not want to get busted for skipping two periods. I burst through the door to find everyone sitting down at their desks and Mr Smith writing something on the board. It was deathly quiet.

"Umm, I'm so sorry we're late," I stammered nervously. I hated people staring at me, it made me want to sink into a hole and die. Then Jessica walked in and the scowl on Mr Smith's face disappeared.

"Of course, just don't let it happen again. Take your seats please," we took our regular seats at the back and I settled down and opened my book. Instead of taking notes like I should have been doing, I ended up doodling all over the page.

"Psst," I turned and saw my friend Grace holding out a note. I frowned and took it; it read: What's wrong with you? You're acting weird. I grabbed a pencil and wrote back: I'm fine, just distracted. She read the note and gave me a weird look. I just shrugged. Grace was usually a quiet person and she loved to read, just like me. Whenever our group is having a fight, she was completely oblivious to what's going on. She's very mature for her age though so she always knows what to say to calm a person down.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the bell went for recess. Everyone rushed out at the same time leaving me behind to pack away my books. A hand slid into mine and I looked up into Jessica's face. She was looking at me in concern.

"Are you ok Summer? You seem a bit of today..." she trailed off. I couldn't speak for a second, still surprised that she was holding my hand. I cleared my throat.

"I'm uhh... fine," I lied, not sounding very convincing. I wasn't fine at all. I was having problems with my boyfriend and my second best friend Sam was being a bitch to me. I was really upset and I haven't told Jessica any of it even though we tell each other everything. She raised a sceptical eyebrow but let it go.

"Come on babe. Let's get some food into you," I let her lead me to our normal table in the cafeteria. Our other friends weren't there yet and we slid into our seats.

"What do you want to eat?" she asked. I frowned; she was never this nice to me.

"Umm... I'll just get a sandwich and an apple please," I said slowly, still trying to process what was going on.

"Sure," she beamed at me. Wow, I thought, this is weird. I looked up and saw my close and second best friend Sam striding towards me with her regular swagger. Next to Jessica, I would trust my life with this woman. She had beautiful short blonde hair that reached her shoulders. She had a strong athletic body and her passion was swimming. She would swim 24/7 if she could. She's usually really happy but lately she's been really mean and cold to me, and I don't even know why. She sat down loudly and just stared at me. My eyes widened. What was her problem?

"Hi," I said simply. She grunted and looked away just in time to see Grace coming towards us with a grin on her face.

"Hey girlies," she said happily sitting next to Sam opposite me. "So what's up?"

"Nothing much," I mumbled really wishing Jessica would hurry up. Just on cue she came up to our table and slid next to me.

"Hey bitches!" she exclaimed excitedly. She was always hyped up and excited. It was really funny sometimes. I looked at Sam and she was staring at me with a scowl on her face. See what I mean!? I frowned and stared back at her with equal ferocity. She grunted again and looked away. Grace was completely oblivious to the drama that just happened but Jessica had spotted it. She put her hand over mine which had clenched up and I relaxed slightly at her touch.

"Here Summer, I got your food," she pushed over the tray and I started picking at the sandwich. There was an awkward silence, which had been happening frequently lately.

"What classes do you guys have next?" I asked breaking the tension. This set Jessica off into a hyped up conversation about her classes and how excited she was about being presented an academic award this assembly. I zoned out which I did a lot. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to find myself looking at....

Taylor.

Shit!