Chapter Seventy-Nine

Start from the beginning

I wanted to be better than Kespia. I was, at the moment, but I knew that her skill levels were at rapid increases. In order to assure that I would remain the best dueler between the two of us, I had to work harder than she. I had to work a lot harder than Kespia because she could use The Force so she would naturally get better at a quicker rate than I. 

So I decided that every single night I would go to the training arena by myself after dinner and I would train with the combative hologram so I can remain the more superior of the two of us. 

I turned a corner, and the doors to the training arena came into view. My pace quickened in sync with the drastic escalation of my growing internal excitement. 

Now I have something to do to keep me away from that dreaded cell and to keep my mind off of how much I desire to be reunited with Kylo Ren, I thought bitter-sweetly as I approached the doors. 

I walked over the threshold and was horrified by what I interrupted by entering. 

*****

(Author's Note: The remainder of the chapter is now in Kylo Ren's point of view.)

I sighed quietly as I entered the training arena directly after work hours. She was waiting for me, as she had promised. 

"Hello, Kylo Ren." Kespia asked in her smooth, voluminous voice. I silently nodded in her direction as a greeting. 

Earlier that week, Kespia had requested private lessons with me in order to carve her into a warrior faster. I was opposed to the idea. I have several other more significant things to be getting done after official work hours than to be spending extra time with an apprentice that I already would've trained for two hours at an earlier time on any given day. I have conferences to attend, fleets of ships and stormtroopers to direct, organizations to interact with, employees to monitor, compartments to check up on, etc, etc. 

When I initially rejected her, Kespia thought it was 'unjust' of me to do so. She took her case to a few of the war advisors, squadron leaders, and other department officials and demanded that I give her extra one-on-one training time. Kespia had expertly chosen to explain her position to officials that directly participate in or organize battle plans. The officials were entirely for the idea of an apprentice being trained into a warrior faster since the officials that reviewed the proposition were entirely involved in situations that require well-trained warriors.

There was a quick conference about the subject and, of course, I lost. As a result, Kespia and I had one-on-one training planned after dinner two times a week. 

"Get your lightsaber off of the shelf." I ordered in a bitter tone, still annoyed that I was required to be there. Kespia immediately did so and stood with a bright expression on the combative maps, facing me. A grin slowly spread onto her face as she stared at me.

"I'm going to start off this session with a few questions." I began, "How are you getting along with the other apprentices and employees of The First Order?"

Her buoyant smile faltered slightly. She must realize what I'm talking about

Yes, I had obviously sensed the extreme tension and unease in the room earlier that morning between Kespia and Nira. I didn't know exactly what it was because when I had tried to enter their minds there had been a powerful shield that kept me from doing so. I believed that Kespia had put up the mental shield specifically so I couldn't intervene in whatever mental interaction they were conducting. 

"It's going great!" She enthusiastically replied after a moment's hesitation. She reestablished the ecstatic grin on her face. "I obviously love having my brother here, and all of the employees have been really nice to me so far."