Pacific Park.

Chapter Nine. 

Pacific Park.

Turns out, not all guys were like Cole. She went out with ten guys for the following two weeks, and none of them were actually nice. Either Cole had "ruined her for every guy" or they were all just jerks. Some of them had not an ounce of logic in their brains, others were just boring, some of them were rude, the list was endless. Now here she stood, cheering at John and Luke at the game. 

"Go Johnny!" She said as he scored. Luke glared at her, acting jealous. "Way to go, Luke!" She screamed. All the guys stood behind her, cheering and clapping. Wade whisteled behind her ear. "I'm gonna go buy a pretzel. You guys want anything?" She asked. "I'll have a coke." Wade said. "I'll have a pretzel too." Said randy. "Get me some nachos, baby!" Brett said, doing a happy dance. Leila rolled her eyes and laughed. 

She walked  down from the bleachers into the food stands. She placed her order when she got to the front of the line and stood to the side, waiting. "Blowing up on carbs, I see." She heard Brittany's voice behind her. She turned around to face her. "Blowing boys again, Brit?" Leila answered. Brittany glared at her. "I'm on to you, you know." Brittany said, twirling around a piece of her hair. Surprisingly, her pose wasn't behind her today. "On to me? What does that mean?" Leila asked, wondering what was taking these people so long. 

"I know you want Nick, Leila. It's obvious. The only one who doesn't notice is him. I know why your dressing up, why you became a girl all of a sudden. I know why you've been going out with so many guys. You want to make him jealous." She spat out. Leila showed no sign of anything, but pursed her lips. "If I wanted Nick, Brittany, I'd have him already." Leila answered, knowing she was lying. Brittany scoffed. "I find it ironic how you don't believe that yourself." With that, Brittany left. 

Leila couldn't help but notice the looks random guys gave her, and the way she looked at them back. She hated her for cheating on Nick with everything that crawled. She grabbed a half slushy from the trash can next to the stand and walked towards Brittany, who happened to be wearing a very tight, white shirt. "Yo, Brit!" Leila yelled. Brittany turned on her heels and walked towards Leila, swaying her hips, aware of all the guys staring at her. "What do you want?" She hissed. Leila turned her head to the side and threw the slushy at her. 

Brittany gasped and closed her eyes, shaking her hands frantically as everyone around them laughed. "That's for cheating on such an amazing guy with everything that has a dick." She said at Brittany as she tried to clean the slushy from her shirt. "That was Prada you bitch!" Brittany screamed after her. Leila smirked and grabbed the food, walking away from Brittany. 

When she got to the stands, all of the guys were staring at her. "Nice getting her slushied, Lei. I like your fierce side." Randy said at her. She rolled her eyes. "Just take your food and stuff it down your throats." She said, handing them everything. They ate, watching the game. At mid time, Brett got up. "I'm going to the bathroom." He announced, standing up. "Uh yeah, I'm gonna go too." Said Randy. Simultaneously, Jack got up and walked with them. 

Leila didn’t know what to do. She had been avoiding Wade since their... Moment. As cliche as it sounded, that’s what it was to her. Nothing more. She had to convince herself of that. She didn’t have feelings for Wade. She did not have feelings for Wade. She did not have feelings for- “Why have you been avoiding me?” Wade’s sharp voice cut her thoughts. “What?” She asked. “You heard me. Why?” He asked again, sadness and anger swirling in his eyes. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips. “I haven’t been avoiding you, Wade.” She said in a monotone. “I’ve known you since we were eight. Don’t bullshit me.” He said, now angry. Leila flinched a little at Wade’s sharp voice. “Shut up, Wade. Just shut up.” She said, harsher than she intended too. “Don’t tell me to shut up, Leila! You’ve been on a thousand dates and every single time you see me you run away from me! Stop it, Leila. Tell me what the hell is going on.” 

She wanted to, she really did. She just hated the fact that it was about him, about them. If there even was a them. Its us, Wade. What is us? I’m too confused. I love you, but I don’t. Its complicated, Wade. That’s what she wanted to say. “I’m just... Stressed out. Okay? I’m sorry, its nothing.” She lied. She had never hid anything from Wade. Anything. “Fine. Lie to me.” He said, and got up. Leila stood up, the words in her mouth. 

“Leila?” She heard a familiar, male voice behind her. She turned to see Cole. Just the guy she needed. He wasn’t complicated. He wasn’t her best friend or was dating her worst enemy. He was just him. “Hey! Let’s get out of here.” Leila said as the game started again. 

She sent a text message to Luke and Johnny. Gotta go, love you guys. I’m really sorry. Come over to my house at about eight? Please? Don’t bring wade. I need someone to talk to! xo, leila. She sent the text to all of them, excluding Wade. Cole stood there, staring at her. His gray eyes shone softly. “Were do you wanna go?” He asked, taking her hand. “I don’t know. Let’s go somewhere fun.” She said. 

They drove for an hour until they got to Santa Monica and walked into Pacific Park. She loved this place. And they lived only an hour away from Santa Monica, so why not? She squealed. “Let’s go!”