Everyone Deserves A Break

***Hi guys! So yes, this story is ending soon, about four more chapters left, though. There are some things I haven't said, yet. So, I hope you like it. Vote! 

Chapter Twenty Five 

Everyone Deserves A Break 

      Leila was sitting in her porch, waiting. She looked down at herself. It was Scarlett's birthday today, the guys, Leila, and her family were throwing her a party. Her parents were coming home, Ryan had talked them into it. 

      A pit of nerves was squirming at Leila's stomach, since her father's trial was in two days. She had no idea what she would do, what she would say. Hell, she didn't even know what to wear. Leila sighed, since that should be the least of her preocupations. 

      Christmas was ten days away. She smiled, and thought of how her christmas was going to be spent this year. She smiled to her self, thinking she'd go christmas shopping with Scarlett later. 

      The car pulled up, and she stretched out her skirt and walked towards it. She opened the door and gave Wade a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, Lei." He said, kissing her lips. She smiled at him. He was wearing frayer, dark washed jeans and a light blue shirt. She was wearing a floral pattern high waist skirt and a nice dark blue blouse. 

      They headed towards the house in comfortable silence, their hands twined. The ocean breeze played with Leila's hair, finally a time of peace. They got to the house, which was alive with lights and music. Christmas decorations were up, and the front door was open. Leila and Wade walked out of the truck and into the house, their hands still twined. 

      Brett saw Leila first. He smiled and widened his arms to hug her. He was wearing a black shirt with dark jeans and beaten up converse. Johnny hugged Leila from behind and spun her around, making Leila squeal. She hugged him, his The Doors tee shirt smelling of Axe. She said hi to the guys, Jacky was wearing a light green polo, Randy a simple white V-Neck, and Luke a blue polo. 

      Randy smiled at her, sadness clouding his eyes. She smiled at him and hugged him hello. Finally, she moved on towards Scarlett's parents. "Hey, Jared." Leila said, smiling at Scarlett's father. Jared turned to her. His hair was gray blonde, his eyes welcoming brown. He smiled at Leila, wrinkles forming at the end of his eyes, and she smiled back. 

      "Hello, darling." He said, hugging her. The smell of cologne filled Leila's nostrils. He pulled away but held on to her shoulders. "How have you been?" He asked, smiling at her sadly. Obviously, everyone knew now. Who wouldn't, it was on the damned news. "Fine, Mr. McMurray." Leila said, cocking her head sideways a little. Jared McMurray sighed. "How have you really been, Leila? I worry about you. You're like a daughter to me, you know." He said softly, making Leila get a tad choked up. 

      "I've... Been better," Leila said, her voice hoarse. "But I'm getting there, Jared. Thank you." She said, and searched for Eliza McMurray. Eliza was talking to her daughter. Leila walked over to her, she was wearing a low cut black dress with an uncovered back and red heels. Leila smiled. "Hello, Mrs. McMurray." Leila said, making Eliza turn around. Eliza's face brightened. 

      "How many times have I told you to call me Eliza, Leila?" She said, embracing Leila. Leila laughed as Eliza pulled away, and hugged her best friend. "Hey, Scar." Leila said, pulling away. "Happy birthday." Leila whispered, and Scarlett smiled. "Thanks, Lei." She said, wrapping her arms around her again. Leila gave her a box wrapped in red paper wrapping with a white bow, since Christmas colors was all they had this time of the year. 

      Scarlett squealed and placed the box down on a table. She undid the ribbon and tore the wrapping appart, exposing a black box. Scarlett frowned, and lifted the lid, then her face broke out into a smile. Scarlett gasped and did a little dance, hugging the shoes to her chest.