I sigh deeply before turning around and looking at both of them. "Since I have been out of the loop on everything, do you guys happen to know where Reagan is?" Both of them look at one another with a raised eyebrow before Matty says, "At the hospital." I shake my head at both of them before replying, "No. I stopped by there on my way back from my mothers. She was released this afternoon that's why o came here. I was hoping she was here anyways. Have you guys not been going to see her?"

          Matty and Sarah look at one another with guilty looks before Sarah replies, "We have went and saw her a couple of times, but for the most part we have been hanging out and getting to know one another better. Reagan seemed okay with it." I rub my hand over my face with a frustrated sigh, before saying, "What kind of friends are we? Our best friend is in a wreck and in a coma for months. All of us were worried out of our minds. As soon as she wakes up we bail on her. I feel so bad and now I don't even know where she is. Today has been filled with such relief and pain." I turn to look back out the window to give myself some time to think about where she could be.

When I turn back around, Matty is looking at me very seriously. Before I can ask him what is wrong, he holds his hand up and says, "You finally stood up to your mother, didn't you?" Everything about the day hits me at once in that moment. Tears that I didn't know were on the edge of spilling came out and all I could do was nod my head. With in seconds I was engulfed into Matty's chest, crying my eyes out. I'm not sure how long I cried but eventually I was able to notice everything around me again. I was in between Sarah and Matty on the couch. Both were softly speaking words of encouragement to calm me down.

I took a deep fluttering breath before softly speaking, "She was so horrid. I can't keep being unhappy though. I can't keep on trying to make her happy because even in the long run its not enough for her. From here on out, I have to do right by me. All the pain I have caused Reagan I can understand if nothing ever comes about with it but deep down I have always known I was gay. Whether it is Reagan or another woman I end up with, I am going to live for me from now on."

I feel Matty squeeze my shoulder before I hear him say, "I'm so proud of you, Kenzie. I have watched your mother walk all over you for years. When you would tell her no,she would find a way to blackmail or threaten you into whatever she wanted you to do. Each time a little of bit of your spirit would disappear until hardly any of it was left. I can finally see that spark of spirit coming back into you. Before this the only time, I saw it was when Reagan was around. Deep down I always knew I would never have your heart like Reagan but I had hoped I would. I could never get you to light up like she could. After meeting Sarah, I realize I would have never been truly happy with you either. I wasn't in love with you like I thought I was. I will always love and care about you. I will always be here for you."

He takes a break before saying, "Truthfully, as your best friend no one will ever be able to make you happy like Reagan can. If you truly believe that someone can you are still lying to yourself. You have and will always be stuck on Reagan. Everyone can see it and knows it." After that we all become quiet lost within our own thoughts. It's a long time before one of us speaks. Sarah finally asks, "So, where do you guys think Reagan is?

Being forced back to the issue that started all of this, I immediately picked up my cell phone and called the only other person that would know where she is. When Molly answers I immediately ask, "Molly, do you know where Reagan is? We are all worried about her." I hear her take a frustrated sigh before saying, "She promised me she would call and tell you guys where she was. That woman will be the death of me one day. Shes in the next towers penthouse. She said she didn't want to intrude on you guys. The password to get in the door is your birthday. There is a nurse that is staying there. It was the only way the doctor would let her go from the hospital." I thanked her and got off the phone with her. I let Matty and Sarah know before I started making my way to go check on her.

             After walking into the penthouse I took a deep breath before trying to find Reagan. I finally found her curled up on the couch. The moonlight was illuminating her face making her more beautiful than I had ever seen her before. I didn't want to wake her up but I wanted her to be in a bed at the same time. I argued with myself before picking her up in a bridal hold and walking her to the bedroom. When I laid her on the bed, she stirred a little before looking me in the eyes. We just stared at one another neither one of us speaking enjoying the moment.

Reagan POV

         When I first looked up and saw Kenzie, I thought I was still dreaming. After a few minutes of blinking and waking up, she didn't disappear. I finally brought my hand to her cheek. She leaned her head into my hand more. I whispered, "I have missed you." She gives me a guilty smile before replying, "I have missed you too." I let my hand drop from her face with a deep sigh. I look away from her before saying, "You don't get it. I have missed you being a part of my life, Kenzie. I should have never left you all those years ago. I was stupid. My heart was broke and instead of being okay with you still being a part of my life I left. I have needed you more than I can ever tell you."

            When I look back up at her, she is just looking back at me with a shocked look. "You remember, don't you?" I give her a quick smile before nodding my head, "Yes, since the day after I woke up." She nods her head before sitting on the bed beside me. We continue to stare at one another before I couldn't take her gaze anymore. "I want to start over, Kenzie. I know I messed up and we can never go back to what we had. I want to get to know you again. I miss our long talks we used to have that would last all night long. I want to be your friend again."

        I was afraid to look at Kenzie and see an expression I didn't want to see. I continued to look out the window. I felt her softly touch my cheek before I heard her whisper, "Reagan, look at me." I turned to her to see the most serene look I have ever seen on her face. "I would love to start over again, Reagan. I have missed you just as much. Right now, you need to get some more rest. I believe you start your first round of physical therapy tomorrow and you are going to need it. Afterwards if you are feeling up for it why don't I come over and we have dinner. Maybe a movie if you are up for it."

           She gives leans over and kisses me on the cheek. Before she walks out the door I call out, "Good night, Kenzie." She tells me goodnight back before disappearing out the door. I close my eyes with a small on my face. I was looking forward to the upcoming days. I would have Kenzie back in my life.