Party Time

(A/N There is some smut scenes in this chapter. I will tell you when they are if you do not want to read it.)

Unedited

Reagan POV

           It has been two weeks since the night I kissed Kenzie. I have thought of that kiss every second of everyday that has passed. I thought that kissing Kenzie like I wanted would make it easier to walk away and get her out of my system. I was so wrong. Her lips were so soft and welcoming. I can still visualize how sexy she felt in my arms moaning like she was. I have to shake those thoughts away. Tonight I am throwing my coming home party. I have finally worked up the nerve to ask Sarah to marry me.
I have noticed something has been bothering Sarah since that night I came home. I know her and Matty spoke. The only thing I can think of is that he let her know my feelings for Kenzie. I guess I really need to speak with her tonight and let her know about all those feelings. The party is going to take place in the ballroom of Andre Estates. I have invited a lot of people including anyone that may be staying there right now. Kenzie and Matty will be there as well. I hope that everything goes as planned. The only thing I need to remember is to not be caught alone with Kenzie again. I know that if we are I will kiss her again. I should feel guilty for the last kiss but I don't. It felt so right.
As I start to get ready for the party, I push all thoughts of Kenzie out of my mind. I need to think of the party and Sarah now. Tonight, I'm going to wear black dress pants with a white button down blouse. I'm going to finish off the look with a black vest and tie with a fedora. Sarah has always commented that this look makes me look super sexy. I need to look sexy for her. I don't want any hesitation for when she answers me. When I am completely dressed, I walk to my limo with my body guards following. I take a deep breath calming myself as we take the short drive over to Sarah's house to pick her up.
As we pull up I see Sarah walk out in a stunning long green evening gown. It looks so exquisite on her. I step out of the limo to greet her. "Hey baby. You look very delectable tonight", I say as I help her in side the limo. She leans over giving me a kiss on the lips.
As she pulls back she says, "Aww thanks baby. You look super sexy tonight I can't wait for the party to end to have you to all to myself" I look over giving her a big smile. "Baby, there is something I should have told you about when we first started dating. To be honest I just wanted to forget about it. It was really wrong of me not to tell you. I have been in love with Kenzie since I was 12. I have wasted so many years hoping one day we would be able to get together. Kenzie will never go against her mother though. I have finally decided I am through waiting on something that is so toxic to me. I want to move forward with my life.", I say while I look up into her eyes to see her smiling a bedazzling smile.
She says, "Matty told me two weeks ago. At first I was going to leave you but Matty talked me out of that. He was sure that you would tell me soon. I am so happy baby. I stay here with you and help you move forward. You are a great person. I don't want to see you go back into that depression again." I can't help but to lean over to her and kiss her on the lips at that moment. This woman is definitely starting to pull on the strings to my heart. As we pull up to the hotel I start to get butterflies in my belly. I can do this.
As the announcer, announces our names everyone stops what they are doing to watch us walk in. Many people talk the time to come welcome me back home or just tell me thank you. The party becomes full swing after that. I have had many glasses of wine by this point. I am having a good time. Sarah hasn't left my side at all. I am very grateful for that. I look up when I hear, "Great party, Reagan. I think it is the best you have ever thrown". I give Matty a smile telling him, "Thank you. I wanted everyone to know I wasn't going anywhere for a while. Sarah and me have decided to stay here for a while"
At that point, Kenzie decides to enter the conversation by saying, "We are glad to hear that. It has been too long, since we have all hung out. We need to get together soon and reminisce." I quickly agree with a head nod. Sarah says, "That would be lovely, I would like to hear about how my Reagan's life was growing up. Of course she has told me stories but I'm sure she withheld the more embarrassing ones. Those are definitely the ones I want to hear." I turn a little red thinking about a couple of things before saying, "Baby you are embarrassing me now." She lets out a laugh before saying, "Aww, you are so cute when you blush. I love it when I get to hear something new about you." I reply quickly, "I know, baby. You will hear every little detail about my life. I'm not hiding anything from you." She gives me a hug and kiss on the lips after hearing that. She steps back grabbing my elbow and smiles. Kenzie and Matty had been watching our exchange. I could see that Matty looked happy. Kenzie on the other hand looked like she was about to explode.
I knew I had to calm everything down by excusing us. I told them we had a few more people we had to meet before the night was over. "Have a good night. Take advantage of the food and dance floor.", I told them before leaving. After meeting with a few more people I knew it was time for me to speak to everyone.
I walked up to the front of the room where a microphone was. I picked it up and began with, "Good evening, everyone. I hope everyone is having a great time tonight. I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know how thankful I am that you could come out and join this special night with me. All you guys have made coming back home so much easier."
As I was talking, I walked over to where Sarah was standing. She hadn't noticed I was right beside her yet. I got down on one knee hearing a collective gasp from the whole ballroom. Upon hearing it, Sarah turned around and saw me. I could see the tears start to fall out of her eyes. I took the ring box out of my pocket opening it up before saying, "Baby, I love you. You have helped me overcome so many things in these last few months. I wasn't sure I would ever find anyone to do that for me. I want to spend the rest of my life trying to do the same thing for you. Will you marry me?"
I could tell she was trying to fight her herself to speak finally she says, "Yes. I would like that very much. I love you too." I stand up quickly and pull her to me. I kiss her soundly on the lips. I can hear the applause coming from the whole ballroom. I look around telling everyone thank you. When my eyes make contact with Kenzie's I can see the hurt in them. I wasn't going to let that stop me from being happy though. I have had to learn that I can't put my life on hold waiting on Kenzie to come around. If I did I would be dead before anything ever happened. Looking at Sarah I could tell how happy she was. Her whole aura had lit up. That's where my mind needs to be.
I needed to use the restroom so I excused myself. After finishing in the bathroom I started walking back to the party. When I was almost there, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me outside into the garden. When my eyes adjusted to lighting out there I noticed it was Kenzie. "Why did you pull me out here?", I ask. She says, "I needed to speak with you." I take a deep breath saying, "Okay, I'm listening". I notice how close we were to one another so I take a few steps away from her. I cannot be that close to her. She starts frowning realizing what I had just done. She takes a few steps towards me. I immediately take a few back. We continue doing this until my back hits a wall and she is right in front of me.
"Why are you running away from me?", she asks after a few minutes of just looking in each other's eyes. I say, "I cannot be this close to you Kenzie it makes me forget everything. When I forget, I do stupid things. You are bad for me. You make my heart feel complete when you are around but when you speak you break it. I cannot keep going through that. I have decided to move on and I will. We just can't keep being this close alone." I see the regret instantly come across her face before she says, "I'm sorry." She takes a step back away from me giving me some space. Before I can think she says, "I am also sorry about this."