Surprises

Unedited

Kenzie POV

On the way back from my mothers, I decided to go visit Reagan at the hospital. When I arrived at the hospital, I walked to her room to find no one there. In a frantic state, I made my way to the nurses station. The nurse on duty wasn't one I had met. "Can I help you, dear?", she asked, once she noticed me. "Yes, my friend was in room 204. Her last name is Fitzpatrick. I just went there and no one was there and it looked like the room had been cleaned. Did she get moved?" She turned towards her computer and started clicking away. She turns back towards me before replying, "It seems Ms. Fitzpatrick was released to go home."

I thanked her before leaving. Why didn't anyone call me? I would have liked to have been here. Knowing there was only one place she would go, I drove towards Fitzpatrick's. When I arrived, I immediately made my way towards the penthouse. After making it in the door, I turned to holler out and was froze with the sight in front of me. Matty was sitting on the couch with Sarah straddling him. They were in a very deep make out session.

I cleared my throat before asking, "What the hell is going on?" My voice startles both of them making them jump away from one another. Matty jumps up from the couch and makes his way towards me before saying, "I know this looks bad, Kenzie. We can both explain." I was honestly at a loss of words so all I could do was raise one of my brows at him. He turns around towards Sarah before rubbing the back of his neck. He takes a deep breath before turning back towards me a saying, "I didn't expect to fall in love with Sarah. All the time we spent together these last few months just forced the feelings on me."

He pauses taking the time to smile over at Sarah before continuing, "I fought everyday against those feelings. I knew it wasn't right. I felt guilty everyday that I was having feelings for my best friends girl. I didn't think she was having those same feelings back towards me. Each day, I started to realize that the love I once felt for you was gone. I still love you Kenzie, but it's only friendship love."

At that moment, all the emotional stress from the day immediately hit me and I started laughing. Tears started to fall from the tips of my eyes I was laughing so hard. Both Sarah and Matty were looking at me like I had lost my mind. Finally, I calmed down enough to say, "So, Sarah, do you feel the same way about Matty?" She started to fidget on the couch. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

She closes her mouth before clearing her throat and saying, "At first, I couldn't figure out what I was feeling. I knew I liked being around him and him giving me comfort. As the days turned to months, I gave up on the hopes of Reagan coming out of the coma. With those feelings, Matty became the forefront of all my thoughts. When Reagan woke up, I felt so guilty. She had made it back to all of us and the feelings I once had for her were gone. I still care about her, but I no longer love her."

I nodded my head before walking over towards the window and looking out at the night sky. I watched as the night was lit up. Cars in motion to get from one place to another. I took a deep breath before asking, "How long has this been going on?" I hear someone taking steps behind me. Matty startles me when he responds, "We fought it until the day after Reagan woke up. So four days I believe." My mind immediately started throwing questions out. The one that was at the tip of my mind though was where is Reagan and did she know.

After a few minutes of silence and watching the night life, I finally asked, "Does Reagan know?" It took a few minutes to get a response and when I do it's Sarah that says, "Yes. I think she remembered a little about me because she asked me, why I didn't look at her the same anymore. I couldn't  lie to her so I told her the truth. Matty had told her early that day that he also had feelings for me. She told me not to give up too easily and to tell him how I felt. I left the hospital and came straight here. We have been together ever since. We were trying to come up with a way to tell you without hurting you."