Unsure

Unedited

Matty POV

After Reagan's announcement, I was so happy that I didn't notice her disappearance. Kenzie seemed a lot happier also. We got a lot of gifts from all our close friends and families. Reagan had already gave the best gift when she made it known that she was behind us. She had went out and bought us a big honeymoon package to travel to Europe for two weeks. I cannot believe that all of this was planned without us hearing anything about it.
          I still feel like Reagan and Kenzie need to be together. Reagan said she had never seen a love like mine and Kenzie's. That is a lie. I know now that the love we have shared has never went past a friendly love. The love that has burned for years between Kenzie and Reagan has always created static in the air. When they are near one another you can see the love that burns in their eyes. I have been so selfish not to see it. I cannot compete with that kind of love.
         Being back with Kenzie has made me realize that I want to find the type of love that they have. I am slowly going to try to push them together. Kenzie won't admit it but if she marries me she will slowly die on the inside. I cannot have that happening. I care about her too much. I need to start working on Mrs. Hawthorne as well. By the time I am done everyone is going to be on the same page.
           I know it could take me the whole nine months to finalize everything. I honestly don't care though. It is time for Reagan to be happy. I always thought that having these thoughts would make me sad myself. I guess if I am being honest with myself, all I feel is giddiness. I can't wait to see Reagan and Kenzie as a couple.
I have been thinking about going out on some more dates once this is over. Realizing that I am no longer in love with Kenzie has helped me realize, I am finally ready to move on. I have a feeling that things are about to get very hectic from here.

Kenzie POV

Reagan made sure the night was magical for both Matty and I. We had thought that Reagan was never around back when we were together in high school. I wasn't able to stop myself from becoming emotional as each new picture was pulled up on screen. The shots she had taken were beautiful. The words she had spoken were words of full commitment that she was okay with us being together. It kind of hurt me to know that she was finally coming to terms to the fact that I would never be hers. I know she has had years to feel that way.
            After she left us to go to the bar I kept my eyes on her. I really wanted to speak with her but I knew I could not do it here. What I needed to say had to be done in private. Seeing Sarah walk up to her made me instantly jealous. When I saw Sarah slap Reagan I wanted to run over there and beat Sarah up. No matter how mad she was she should have never put her hands on her. I guess Reagan finally told her about us. It's the only thing that makes sense to why Sarah would get so mad and slap her. I know Reagan has always had the train of thought to always tell the truth when it will hurt someone's feelings. She would rather go on and tell a person before they hear it from someone else. She has never been a cheater. She never wants to lie to anyone.
         I watched as Reagan made her way to the top of the staircase and turn around to look around the ballroom. Matty was telling me a funny story which led to me laughing with him. Reagan just smiled and continued scanning the room. I noticed that when her eyes landed on Sarah they were caught in a starring contest before Reagan threw a small wave to her before turning around and walking away. I wanted to run after her but I knew I needed to stay for the rest of the engagement party. The night carried on pretty fast after that. When I noticed Sarah leaving, I decided to follow her. I really just wanted to see if she was going to leave. I was able to slide into the elevator without being noticed. There was a bunch of people getting on at the same time. Sarah seemed to really be in deep thought and did not notice too much going on around her.
         The elevator finally made it to the top floor. Sarah and several other people got off the elevator. I followed her before she slowed down. I immediately stopped and hid behind a corner to watch Sarah. She reached her hand up and starting knocking on a door. I saw Reagan standing there with a black eye. Sarah was asking if she had caused the black eye when she slapped her. Reagan invites her in. I had to put my ear to the door to hear them after that. Reagan was telling Sarah that Mark had showed up acting out and eventually hit her. Why didn't she let anyone know? We would have all helped her. After that their conversation moved towards Reagan and myself. Reagan just went on to promise that she would never be with me again. I could not take hearing what they were talking about anymore. I walked away from the door feeling very low.
With all the decisions I have made through the years, I have finally pushed Reagan away. I need to speak with Reagan about Matty's deal first. If she will go with it we could be together. If she doesn't go for it I'm not sure what I will do. I know I don't want to lose her. Wondering what it like to be with her helped to keep me away. Now that I have had a chance to be with her I cannot just walk a way like it never happened.

The Next Day

Kenzie POV

When I woke up, I decided I did not need to wait any longer to speak with Reagan. I called her on the phone and asked if she was available to meet me for breakfast. She was kind of hesitant before she said yes. I threw on some clothes and ran out the door. All the way to the restaurant, I went over in my head what I needed to say to her. I stood up and gave her a hug when she arrived before sitting back down. To see if she will tell me the truth I ask, "What happened to your eye?" She laughs before saying, "I got drunk off my butt last night and walked into a door. I think it beat me though." This comment causes me to laugh too. Why would she lie to me? The news will tell me the truth by the end of the week.
"Reagan, I wanted to thank you for last night. I know how hard it was for you to be able to say and do everything you did", I say after our orders were taken. She frowns a little before saying, "It's no problem. I meant ever word I said last night. I am finally able to let you go, Kenzie. It is for the best." I knew this is the way she was going to react. She had basically been telling me the same thing for the past few week. "We need to talk about what happened in the garden." She stops me from continuing by saying, "No. We need to forget about it ever happening. I have told Sarah about it. I'm not so sure we need to tell Matty. It will devastate him." I cough causing her to stop and look at me with a what is it look. I start to fidget in my chair before saying, "Matty came to me the night it happened. It seems he followed me out to the garden and watched everything that occurred there.He is okay with everything. He even suggested that we continue with the wedding. He wants me and you to be together also, Reagan. He said that the connection he sees between us I stronger than any connection he has ever seen. He does want either of us to walk away from what we have."
She angrily starts shaking her head before scream whispering, "I can't SHARE you Kenzie. Do you not understand that I want you for myself? I was okay with giving you to Matty at your wedding because I knew you would never be with me at the cost of losing your mom. After we kissed the first time, I wanted to do it again. When I stuck my fingers inside you, I wanted to leave them in there forever." I started to blush at her words but she just kept going. "When you called out my name when you came, it was etched into my brain forever. I cannot do and here all those things again knowing when we are done you would run off to be with Matty. That would hurt me 100 times worse than walking away from you right now."
She pauses for a second to take a sip of water before continuing, "I am in love with you. I don't have a crush. And I sure as hell don't want to just sleep with you. I want the full package. I want to marry you, have kids and grow old together. I will not go along with a plan where I would play the mistress." As I hear her words I start to understand her meaning. I really get it and she's right. With this new plan, she would only be like a mistress. Yeah, we would get the chance to finally be together. In everyone's eyes though I would be Matty's wife and would have to spend my nights with him. It would be a bunch of sneaking around. Honestly, I don't want that either.
I sigh deeply before saying, "I agree. I want to be able to show you off as well. I love you so much. I don't know what to do right now. I do know that the feelings you have caused me to have through the years are the feelings I want to have as I grow older. God, why does life have to be so hard?" She takes my hand slightly rubbing her thumb across the top of it before saying, "I know you want to be with me Kenzie. Every action you give towards me surrounds me in your love. We just need to let those feelings go. We are both about to marry other people. It is for the best. Right now the hurt we will feel will be minimal. If we keep on hooking up that hurt will be a lot worse." As she finishes up she glances at her phone, before hurriedly calling over the waitress. "Can I have the check, please?" As the waitress rushes to go get it Reagan turns to me saying, "I'm sorry, Kenzie. I have an emergency meeting in thirty minutes. Here's some money to pay the bill. I will call you later where we can finish this conversation." She jumps up and rushes out the door.

Reagan POV

I cannot believe Kenzie actually thought that I would be okay with being her mistress. God that made me so angry. I wanted to leave right after that but I stayed to prove my point. When my phone went off about my meeting, I was actually glad to be able to leave. I glanced out the window to see that we were going through an intersection. I saw a flash of red before I was thrown to the other side of the car. Everything went black as my head hit the door.