Holding Onto You Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"I don't chase after girls, girls chase after me. I cannot break their hearts now can I? And besides, I haven't found the right person yet. So in the meantime allow me to continue pleasing these girls in peace. It's just to pass time and... wait a second." He told me Suzy won't be able to resist my body for more then a day. That's not something a guy tells another guy. Even if he is your best friend.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"You think my body is irresistible?" I asked, skeptical.

His eyes widened in shock. "I um, what I meant is-- I actually meant to say that..." He stuttered, avoiding eye contact.

"Finn why are you getting so nervous? I'm just messing with you. I know you don't mean that in a gay sort of way right?" Of course he didn't.

"Vince I..." Finn begun but was interrupted by Hunter calling out my name.

"Vincent?" He called out sniffing the air to locate me much to my amusement. He really was a Hunter, and I guess that makes me his prey.

"Over here Hunter." I said, taking his hand and pulling him next to me.

"I've got to go, I'll catch you later Vince." Finn said, ignoring Hunter and turning to walk away.

"Wait Finn." I held his arm and turned him around to face me. "Why don't you join Hunter and I for lunch, you can get to know each other better and perhaps even become friends. We can even talk." I had a feeling he was keeping something from me.

"Another time Vince, I've got to go." He turned around once again and rushed down the hallway toward the cafeteria. I stared at him until he disappeared, trying to figure out what was up. Why was he acting so strange lately? So distant. Is he jealous of Hunter? I shook my head to get rid of that ridiculous thought. He has nothing to be jealous about. He will always be my best friend and I will always love him.

"Vincent is everything okay? Finn sounded a little upset." Hunter asked, holding my hand firmly. I started walking out of the school building pulling Hunter along.

"Yeah everything is okay, Finn and I haven't been hanging out lately and he just misses me I guess." Oh when did I get so mushy? "I'll invite him later to my house to play video games and I'll talk to him. Hey why don't you come over as well. We can hang out together and even go for a swim. I remember you saying you know how to swim. What you say, you up for it?"

"I don't know Vincent." He bit his lip nervously. "I mean I've never before hung out at someone's house. What if I knock and break something or bump into someone causing them harm. I'm not the most graceful person most of the time. What happened in chemistry last week proves it. Apparently I broke more things in five minutes then has ever been broken in Mr. Carson's ten year career. I don't think your mum will be as lenient as he was. And Finn probably just wants to hang out with you. I'll just be in the way and you'll have to babysit me. I don't think it's a good idea." He said and I could see the sadness in his eyes. He wanted to do it but he was afraid. If he thinks I'm going to let him refuse that easily, he doesn't know me yet.

"Firstly, my mum is the only woman in the house with four guys. My dad and two older brothers and I have broken more things then we can even afford. My mum stopped caring after we broke her Ming vase. Nothing compares to that so you can walk through my house freely not caring what breaks behind you. Secondly, Finn won't mind if you're there. He needs to grow up and stop being an arrogant idiot. And lastly, I don't mind babysitting you, it makes me feel good. Honestly it's a brilliant idea." I assured him as we reached the grass area outside and sat under a tree secluded from anyone close by.

He thought about it for a minute before nodding his head. "Okay but if I get in trouble you'll owe me a favour."

"Yes Sir." Damn I'm good. "Anyway earlier today I told you I'd explain to you what being gay means." I leaned against the tree and pulled out two chocolate bars from my bag opening one and handing it to Hunter. "Have you ever been in a relationship with someone Hunter?" I asked as I opened my bar and took a bite from it.