2

I stare back up at the clock
Shit already 9?!

I force myself Off the couch and into the shower.. the last thing on my mind was going to work.

And the first? of course was the night before. That had happened less than 12 hours ago. I spaced out thinking of the figure, who had attacked me and where they could've had gone.

"AYE. GET OUTTA THE SHOWER"

I jump a little leaving the trance I was in.

turning off the water I step out wrapping myself in a towel then continue to exiting the bathroom.

"God. Now I have no hot water" Emily nags before storming into the bathroom then soon after, gets in the shower.

I sit still on my bed, trying to mentally prepare myself for an another day of work.

finally, I got the motivation to get dressed. I put on the same kind of dress that i had on yesterday. A quote on quote 'vintage' waitress apron upon a draggy blue dress. Within my mind and everyone else's, must have been the worst thing I and other employees could ever wear.

After getting dressed and fixing my hair to a decent style I feed my dog and kiss him on the forehead

"Bye chancy, momma will be home earlier tonight I promise."
Chancy tilted his head as if he was trying to understand me.

I grab my bag and leave making my way to the diner.
I wasn't as scared walking alone in the daytime there, being people and witnesses. No one would ever try anything like that in the daylight, well they wouldn't in any other state. But the Big Apple was a..uhh.. different. It felt safer with people around.

without thinking I found myself walking past the place where it had happened, I notice something different about the surroundings. I walk past every day, I stop for a second.
After staring awhile I finally figures it out.

Stupid teens tagging everything.

The tag had been a strange symbol that I could not recognize.

I forget about it and continue on to work.

I enter the diner and suddenly remember, a long sigh of relief.
"Payday!" I clock in, you being a good mood because of, well because of money! And because it was Friday. Duh of course.

---------------

Closing time and I make sure everything is clean so I do not have stay late. Again.

I happily prance over to Kira, her handing me my paycheck.
I look at the amount and are rather okay with it. I look outside seeing I still had sunlight left. I wave goodbye to Kira and rush home.

So relieved that I would make it home before the sunset, I again, wasn't paying attention to where I was going running into yet another tall man, making me fall and yet had no effect on the man. He had a trench coat on.. and it's summer? He also had a hunch back or some kind of bump.

He freaks out helping me up
"Are you okay?" The stranger panics

"I'm fine.." I rub my head

I didn't hit my head very hard but... As I looked at the man's hands I saw them being rather green?...
"I must have hit my head pretty hard. I could've sworn your hands were green"

I chuckle a little while the stranger laughs nervously he picks up all my stuff and hands it to me
"Oh hey you didn't have to do that..." you smile

" its no problem really"

"Well have a nice night. sir?"

"Its uh michelan-" he scoffs
"Mikey.."