An Invitation That Can't Be Refused

Demi hung her dress up on the hanger and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked tired and she felt worse. She just wanted to get the hell out of here. A knock came from the dressing room door. Expecting it to be her manager or assistant, Demi called out for them to come in. Demi looked in the mirror to fix her makeup and was startled to see Lindsey enter the room. She straightened up and fixed her eyes on his face in the mirror. “Hi Lindsey.” She greeted him quietly. “Hey Demi.” He replied in a similar hushed tone. “How’re you?” She asked. “Fine. You?” “I’m good. Record is at number one, so is the single. Life isn’t too bad.” Lindsey nodded, walking a little further into the room. “How’re other things? Got a boyfriend or…?” Demi shook her head, finally going back to her makeup. “Guys just had a hard time following in your footprints. And they just couldn’t turn me on like you could.” Demi replied honestly. Lindsey smiled to himself. “Thanks.” He replied. Demi sighed and threw her makeup brush back in her cosmetics bag. As she scuttled around the room, throwing makeup and hair stuff into a suitcase, Lindsey became restless. She zipped the case up but couldn’t lift it. Suddenly, a masculine hand grabbed its handle. Demi looked up and found her inches away from Lindsey's beautiful face. “Let me carry it.” He offered, a small, charming smile on his lips. “Thanks.” Demi replied, standing back quickly. She grabbed her handbag and dress. “Ladies first.” Lindsey said, motioning for Demi to leave the room first. Demi smiled, softening in Lindsey’s familiar presence, and walked out with him close behind her.

They walked out into the cool night air, waiting for their individual cars to pull up. “So... are you doing anything tonight?” Lindsey asked hesitantly. “No. I was planning on going home and relaxing.” Demi replied. Lindsey nodded, unsure if he should ask her if she wanted to do something with him. “Would you like come over? I don’t live in the penthouse anymore; I bought a new house. So no Agnes to annoy us.” Lindsey grinned. “Sure, I’d love to come over.” Demi beamed back at him. “Great! Just follow my car.” A few seconds’ later two long black cars pulled up, Demi got into one, and Lindsey into the other. They drove through the Los Angeles streets, headed towards the Hollywood hills.