Chapter Twelve: Zelda

A/N: I finally finished writing Blessed very, very early this morning, so here is a present to both you and myself. Updates may come more frequently because I'm an impatient little writer unicorn, but I've noticed that people leave better comments if I wait longer so I am hesitant to do so.

The morning came with his eyes flickering open, and upon shifting even slightly he let out a groan and Ghirahim giggled softly. Link rolled his eyes. "If Fate's speculation was ever correct, the burning should stop."

"Why's that?" Ghirahim questioned.

"Because my body definitely knows that you're alive now."

This was answered with more laughter. Both jumped a little when Fate announced from her sheath, "Yes. I detect that your body no longer considers Ghirahim a foreign object."

Link flushed red and Ghirahim laughed harder, clutching at his abdomen as he did so. "I'm so glad I created her with a sense of humor."

Link watched as the demon rolled straight out of bed, snapped, and came up fully clothed.

"Not fair," the blonde complained. "I can't do that."

"There is no need, Master. I detect that moving in your current state would be both painful and uncomfortable."

"She's sassy, too," Ghirahim reflected. "She probably just hasn't found a good opportunity to show it."

"I can be plenty sassy whenever I want to, thank you very much."

"There it is."

Link sighed. "Fate, how long do you think it'll be before I can get up without killing myself?"

"You can do that at any point, Master. But if you mean figuratively, then it will be another half of an hour."

"I can manage that. Thank you for the information. Ghirahim. Book."

"I know, I know. But I have to see if I can get an audience with the royal family, and pay for this room again." The demon sighed and pressed his hand to the window. "It's cold out. Can I borrow your cloak?"

"Mm, bad idea. It used to be yours. They'd recognize you a lot more easily if you were wearing it."

Ghirahim let out a huff of laughter. "Like they wouldn't anyway. Besides, that's what I was going for."

Link let out a soft hiss as he sat up a little, scooting to rest his back against the wall. "Fine. But you're not getting the earring back."

"I hadn't known that was mine, too."

He hissed again, although this time it sounded more like a cat's warning hiss. Ghirahim raised his hands in a gesture of innocence and snapped his fingers. The cloak appeared, draping over his shoulders in a cloud of diamonds. He snapped again, and vanished from the room.

~*~

"Princess Zelda, you and Her Majesty have a visitor."

"What's his name?" a soft, pristine voice asked gently.

"He says he is called Ghirahim."

There was a gasp in a different voice, followed by a single, rough cough, and the soft voice came again. "Grandmother?"

"Let him in."

"Okay. You heard her."

Ghirahim saw the guard nod his head, then march back to him and accompany him as he strode in and swiftly bowed, peering up at them from behind his bangs.

One of them was a young princess sitting in a throne just slightly larger than her, around Link's age, except her hair was dirty blonde and her eyes were a slightly duller blue than his. Ghirahim shot a glance up at a woman who stood beside the princess. Her hair, a pale, gold-ish grey, trailed past her waist in long, smooth layers.