Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Never                                                                                                                                                   (Setting from Chapter Two)

"Hello Ms. (l/n), how do you do?" The old florist smiled. 

"I am very well. Just taking a stroll around town since I have the day off from work." I replied, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ears. The old man nodded and went about potting flowers. "And how do you do, sir?" I asked, trying to make conversation, not wanting to leave. The old man looked up from the moist dirt he tightly packed in the silver clay pot. 

"I'm quite at bliss. My granddaughter recently married someone from South Korea. I think his name is Hwa Jung-Yung." The old man rubbed the corner of his eye. "And you Ms. (L/n), have you found anyone yet?" I was a little surprised by the sudden question but I quickly answered. 

"Still no one." 

The old man sighed, removing his hands from around the pot. He took off his gloves and faced me. "Still no one? Little girl are you still waiting for that boy in your dreams to find you?" 

"Of course not!" I lied. "I just want to grow old with just the smiles of people around me." I also lied about that. Of course I want to fall madly in love and start a family but I just. . . I don't even know anymore. 

"Ms. (l/n), describe this person for me again. Please, my mind is very old and I forget many things besides lotto announcement days." I laughed with the old man. He had a thing for lotto's, still betting on how many people would win the grand prize, getting a few yens here and there. 

"Sure thing." I say smiling genuinely. 

"He has very dark, dark brown and white hair. His white strands fade as his roots start to grow into his original ebony hair color." The old mans glasses glimmered, "His eyes are a beautiful grey. I could stare in them for the rest of my dreaming days." The old mans lips curved into a smile, "He has very pale skin, a mysterious but kind aurora around him. Friendliness could be his middle name." The old man rested on his weak elbow. "He's tall but not too tall that I would have to wear heels and still go on my toes to reach his smooth lips to give him a kiss. His round glasses would be in the way when laying on top of him." The old man clapped his hands, chuckling. 

"You sound in love." 

I kindly stared at the old man, watching his lips part as he continued to speak.

"Little girl, I'm sure you will be very glad but disappointed when you meet this person." The old man shooed me away, telling me I should go do something else with my day instead of talking to an old guy. I waved him farewell and left.  

Disappointed? Why would I be disappointed? The only thing I ever got me down was. . . my little sister.

//LINE BREAK// 

'You're safe now. I'll protect you.' Miyuki said, one eye showing fright, the other a pure black with a glowing red dot as a pupil. I banged my hand on the door, screaming. 'Don't be afraid, please. I can't have the only family I have be afraid of me.' 

My eyes stung from the tears dripping down my cheeks. 'Go away,' I murmured, raising my voice with each syllable. 'Go away!' I finally shouted. My head slammed against the wall, my knees felt weak. I fell gently onto the ground. I tilted my head to the side only a bit and saw Miyuki, flashing wings diminishing into her body.  Her one eye faded and her once pretty green orbs withered with hatred. 

'I was trying to help you.' She said, reaching her arm out to me. I slapped it away.

 'How could someone like you help me when you just slaughtered everyone here?!' I yelled at the top of my lungs. My throat ached, croaking as I let out loud sobs.

 Miyuki kept her eyes on my face. 'If it meant hurting your feelings to keep you away from death, then so be it.' Her body recollected, her wounds healed. 'But I will always love you, onēsan.'

I bitterly said to her, 'I will never forgive you. I don't ever want to see you again. . . you . . . you,' I gulped, 'YOU MONSTER.' 

She got up from the pools of blood and rubble. She walked over solemnly to the broken window and stepped on the edge. My little sister turned to me and smiled, mouthing, 'And I'm okay with that.'

//LINE BREAK//

I have never seen her since. She obeyed me and never faced me again. I never heard her soft voice, felt her warm body,  viewed her friendly face, told her I loved her in a decade. I longed to apologize but I never will. 

Never just seemed to be the word for today. I'm never meeting the man in my dreams. Never being able to see the little red headed girl ever again. 

I broke down, and started crying as I headed for Re:. 

//Sometime today or tomorrow I'll do a mini chapter on how Miyuki can eat human food, etc. You know the drill. Comment, like and feel free to tell me about any grammatical or spelling errors. Thank you, goodbye.//