track 03: come back, be here

"I will be here tonight, tomorrow night, every night ..." He kissed the tips of her fingers. "To keep you warm . . ."

Nico di Angelo doesn't believe in cliches. He doesn't believe in the predictable, he doesn't believe in happy endings. He was even oblivious to love itself. For he was too focused on hatred, sadness, revenge.

Although, if there were things he believed in, it was that he and Reyna had all the time in the world. Reyna was the only thing in his life he ever considered stable. She was that one thing that's keeping him sane.

They could be together anytime they want, maybe after everything has been fixed; the war, the grudges - everything.

What he did not expect, he hadn't even thought about it once, was that Reyna could die. It was so something he never really considered. It never crossed his mind.

"I love you. See you later." She said like she always did. With that confident posture and playful grin. She's the praetor for gods' sake, a very skilled woman, smart, and strong, and a true child of a roman war goddess. She was gorgeous, insanely beautiful - She's dangerous.

She can't die.

It was only when she was limp in his arms. Her beautiful face tainted with blood. Her eyes no longer bright but lifeless. Her hair, her dark eyes, her beautiful smile, All gone
– that he realized two things;

He wasn't always right,
and he and Reyna didn't have all the time in the world.