Thirty-fourth Act, The world of the living (part 5.1)

(A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIZEN-SAMA!!! I've cooked up this birthday chapter for you and the readers~ although the story does not celebrate it on the exact date, I don't care. The Plotkai needs it. Now go on and read!)

-a few days later; on the month of the final battle-

When I woke up the next morning, I saw a phone on the bedside table. Huh? I don't remember having or buying one yesterday...where did this come from?

I picked it up and got out of bed (even though I didn't want to cause I was still groggy), then started to look for Aizen.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are. And where did this phone come from?" I asked, searching every nook and cranny in the penthouse.

"Aizen-sama isn't at home. He left to do something." Ulquiorra suddenly spoke, fiddling with the tv remote. Probably trying to figure out what it does.

"Is that so?" I said, feeling a little down. I kinda wanted to see him, though... "Do you know anything about this phone?"

He glanced at it. "I know nothing about it."

I sighed in frustration and switched it on. Maybe I could find some clues...

The first thing I saw on the screen was a message from Aizen. Okay, now I don't believe this. When did he know how to use a modern phone? Not that I think he's a little dumb...

Aizen: Good morning, (name). I guess you're rather confused on how this communication device got all the way here.

I rolled my eyes. You bet I am.

Aizen: Well, I decided to buy one for you and one for me so we can see how things are going when we can't reach each other. So...message me when you need something.

Sheesh. He texts in such a formal way that he doesn't even bother to use shortcuts or leave some punctuation marks behind.

But my peaceful day went straight to the dump when I saw the date. December 1. December freaking one.

"Ulquiorraaaaaaaa!!!!" I yelled, rushing towards him.

"Yes?" He asked, without a change in his blank expression or the tone of his voice.

"It's December 1. Do you know what that means?!" I said, jitters running all over my body. I can't believe I almost forgot...

"What does it mean?" He asked, still focused on the tv remote.

"We forgot to celebrate Aizen's birthday!!! You gotta help me make something nice for him!!!" I pleaded, grabbing his shoulders then shaking him.

"I am not interested in such tradi-"

I struck him with a headbutt (which really hurt since my forehead also hit his hollow mask). "JUST HELP ME! You'll do anything for Aizen, right?!"

He closed his eyes and stood up, going out of the room. "Where are you going?! I told you to-"

He glanced at me. "You want help, right? Are you declining now?"

I grinned and followed him outside, taking the room keys in the process. "Of course I want to! Where are we going again?"

We just took the elevator all the way down to the floor with a library, then settled down in front of a computer.