Fifth Act, the Gentle Gaze of the Darkness

(Quick A/N: The bed is a modern-type bed, you know...the one with the legs because the plot needs it...so it won't be a flat Japanese bed! >o<)

I woke up to see Aizen sitting on a chair beside my bed, arms crossed against his chest. "Creep...you actually waited for me to wake up so you can plant kisses on me?!"

He glanced at me, not a trace of surprise, and smiled at me. "There you go again. Gin was pretty worried about you too."

I pulled the covers up to cover my mouth, glaring at him cautiously. "Did...DID THAT CREEP SNAKE KISS ME WHEN I WAS UNCONSCIOUS?!"

He shook his head. "No, no, why would he do that? Well...he just gave your hand a squeeze-"

My eyes widened and I furiously rubbed my hand against the sheets. "Ugh, I told you two to not give me any affection!"

He chuckled and stood up, reaching for my face. I inched backward, glaring at him. "What are you trying to attempt, Aizen?"

He pushed some of my locks behind my ear, revealing a bandaged part of my head. He gently touched it. "If you just listened to me..."

I blushed a little, avoiding his concerned gaze. "S-Shut up...and don't touch it, it hurts."

He sat on the edge of the bed and started unwrapping the bandages, revealing a fresh wound. "Mmm...That looks pretty bad. Plus these bandages are quite dirty."

"You don't say..." I muttered, closing my eyes.

He stared at me for a while until he got down the bed and went out to pick up some new bandages.

A few minutes later, Gin appeared inside the room. I let out a strangled scream. "Y-You...you nasty-"

He grinned. "Come on, (name)! I told ya ta be nice ta me."

He approached me and touched my wound, a little blood staining his fingers. "Yare yare....who removed yer bandages? This is supposed ta let itself heal while it is protected."

"Aizen...who else could be in the room? And please...stop touching it."

He glanced at the door, because he heard footsteps approaching. "Oh, looks like he's back already."

He put a box small enough to fit a mini cake on my lap. "Dontcha forget ta thank me later, (name)."

With that, he left. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I bet these are just his dried persimmons-"

I opened it, and my eyes widened in surprise. (I won't admit it, but I teared up a little bit.) It was bite-size pieces of chicken katsu.

"Oh, Gin..." I muttered. "You're not that bad after all..."

Aizen entered the room, carrying a roll of clean bandages. "Who gave those to you?"

I blushed furiously. "I had it secretly stashed in my shihakusho before we fought that menos."

He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed again, gently holding my cheek and carefully wrapping the bandage around my head.

"Thanks..."

He gave me a gentle smile and continued to work. But then I realized-

"HEY!!!! You're showing me an act of affection! This is warning two, Aizen!!!"

He finished wrapping up and glanced at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Hm? But I was only trying to treat you."

I groaned. "Ugh...why are you so smart anyway?!"

He chuckled and handed me a book. "You said you wanted to borrow it, so I picked it up too."

"Huh? Is this the nonsense you read to me?" I said.

"Yes, but I wouldn't call it nonsense." He said.

I took it from him, and started reading from the beginning. "Ugh, boring war stuff, blah blah blah..."

I saw Aizen take off his sandals and he sat beside me on the bed. "Just keep reading, you'll get to the nice parts."

"Whatever, just-"

A vein popped on my head and I shifted away from him. "This is my space. Don't invade it or else you will die."

He smiled and lay down, his head resting on the pillow. "Enjoy your personal space, then."

*sweatdrops* "Hey, Aizen. This is a patient's bed, and you're not even injured or sick."

He didn't respond. "Aizen-"

His eyes were closed, and his breathing had become even. "Of all places, you fell asleep in here."

I was feeling a little better now, so I sighed and got off the bed, putting the covers on him instead.

A thought crossed my mind and my face turned red. "N-No way I'm doing that!"

It took me a few minutes to swallow my pride, then I slowly leaned closer to his face.

With that, I kissed his forehead. I felt my face burn as if Momo struck it with Tobiume's fireball. "I did not just kiss a creep."

I couldn't take it anymore so I ran out, covering my face with my hands in the process. "Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing!!! Gross, too!"

-timeskip-

I sat down on the ground, doodling on the soil with a stick. "Ugh...why did I even think of doing that...?" I muttered.

"But he's cute anyway...so I don't really mind- URUSAI! He's a freaky creep, no close to being cute nor handsome!"

I sighed and leant against a tree. "Well...who am I kidding?"

I went silent, until it finally escaped my mouth.

"...I do like him."

Suddenly, I felt powerful and familiar reiatsu nearby. What's going on? Ugh...the pressure's giving me a headache...

But then I saw Aizen, no emotion in his expression, his zanpakuto drawn. "I was wrong about you after all. You serve no purpose to my plans."

I was confused. Like, what in the world of souls is going on?! "What are you talking about? What plans-"

He just slowly approached me, a smirk forming on his lips. "Aizen?" I said.

I felt the power of his reiatsu get stronger and stronger until it was getting hard to breathe. "H-Hey...Aizen, what's with you?"

He didn't say anything, he just smirked at me as if I'm...FINISHED?!

His reiatsu only got more painful by the second, making me hug my stomach in pain.

"Shine." He said, the tip of his zanpakuto poking my cheek. He's telling me to...die?

Oh no, that's a pretty tight situation...and also a cliffhanger! Lol, hang in there, I'm gonna post the next chapter soon! Hope ya liked this! ~TheFanfictionAzure29