Few Breaths

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etQ5Jzv45Qw

Have you ever had one of those "i wish id known that was gonna happen" moments? Well ill tell you about mine. 

.

.

.

I yawned and ran a hand through my hair brushing my teeth. It was almost christmas, Me, Hikaru, and the other host members were gonna have a special christmas event going on when christmas came around. Which was in three days, i was excited for it, it was going to be my first christmas that i actually celebrated. 

So basically, we went through school planning the events. 

Day 1

"Haruhi! Pass me those lights will you!?" 

Haruhi handed me the roll of lights and i put them up carefully. The host club had been closed for preparation for the event. I started humming "jingle bells" while working. Christmas was never my favorite holiday, until now, and i was super excited for it. We spent all day putting up decorations. Kyoya even ordered special cakes and everything. 

"We should totally do this more often."

Hikaru commented, walking over and pulling my hand into his as he regarded the other host members. I squeezed his hand gently. 

"Yeah! That would be fun!" 

I exclaimed. 

Day 2

"Honey, you look cute im that hat!" 

i complimented Honey as he wore his little santa hat. He giggled and squeezed Usa-Chan before running over to Mori and putting a santa hat on his head. 

"We match now!" 

He giggled and jumped up. Mori caught him and held him in his arms like they usually did. We had finished decorating and were now sorting out outfits. 

.

.

.

Nanami peeked into the living room.

"what are you doing Alyn?" 

she questioned. I was humming while decorating the christmas tree. 

"what does it look like im doing?" 

"putting silly lights on a tree." 

she stated. I deadpanned and looked back at her. 

"dont tell me you've never decorated a christmas tree before?!" 

She shook her head. 

"Nope. Never." 

"Get over here!" 

i exclaimed. She carefully walked over and kneeled beside me. I handed her an ornament. 

"put it on the tree." 

i instructed. She did so and we continued doing that, then she assisted me with the lights, and she even put the star on top. 

"Wooow!" 

her eyes sparkled as she stepped back to look at the tree. 

"Its so pretty!" 

I chuckled. Tomorrow was christmas, my very first happy christmas. I loooked out the window and snow fell down on the ground. 

"guess you didnt really want me..." 

i muttered. My parents had never returned, not once, they hadnt checked on me once since i left. And deep down i knew it got to me, i usually didnt think about it, but dont you usually spend christmas with your family...?