Broken Heart (Johnlock)

"Happy Christmas, love," Mrs. Hudson chirped as she brought up a plate of baked goods to the boys. She picked a mini muffin and popped it in Sherlock's mouth as he was practicing a couple of Christmas carols for the Christmas party later that day. He took a bite mumbled a thank you to her as he glanced at John who was typing on his laptop. John looked up from his computer and smiled at his flatmate.

"You're training him well." Mrs. Hudson grinned at John and the two shared a look that read 'No one else knows him like we do.'

"I don't need training," Sherlock grumbled after he tuned his violin a bit more, making a particular screeching sound resonate through the room.

"Oh dear," their landlady cried out. "Sherlock!" She fluttered around a bit and handed John a muffin as well before heading back to her flat. "Don't know how you stand it," she'd whispered before she went. Sherlock huffed and lifted his violin up to his chin to practice again.

"Oh, do you know how I was planning to bring Jasmine to the Christmas party?" John asked Sherlock from his chair. The latter just hummed, pretending to pause to go over the sheet music so he could listen to John. "Well she threw a fit so I doubt she will come." Sherlock was glad he was turned towards the wall as the army Doctor said that, because the slight smile on his lips would have been inexplicable. "Rather good for you, isn't it though, Sherlock? You never liked up. Never liked any of them." John got up and his laptop on his chair as he headed to the kitchen. Tea, Sherlock thought to himself, most definitely tea. Sherlock's grin jerked up at one side again.

"That's a shame..."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Alright is everyone here now?" Molly asked as she looked around the room of familiar faces. She was interrupted by the doorbell and suddenly John was looking up for you have  and looked outside before.

"It's Jasmine. I'm sorry it will only take a minute" John told her while he ran downstairs and went outside. Sherlock climbed back up from the basement after being ordered to get the Christmas presents that Mrs. Hudson has hidden down there.

"Was that John who stepped out for a moment?" Sherlock asked as he set down the presents beneath the tree.

"Yes dear, he said he went out to go ta-" Mrs. Hudson began to say before Sherlock ran out the door with a small box in his hand. He swung open the door and looked around with a goofy grin - or at least the goofiest one that the face of Sherlock Holmes could adorn -  about to confess his love when he saw Jasmine kissing John - and him kissing back. Sherlock felt like he was being stabbed in the stomach and punched in his ribs all at once. Sherlock headed back inside and tossed the small box into the bin before slamming his bedroom door behind him. Mrs. Hudson could hear the sound of his framed period table bashing against the wall from where she stood downstairs, cringing with a frown on her face. That Christmas night, he swore to never open his heart to anyone again.