Christmas Special (Johnlock)

"Sherlock," John sighed. " You made me wait until December to put up Christmas decorations. And well, it's almost Christmas now so come and help me." John grumbled as he set up the fake tree, but Sherlock just rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going to help you put up ornaments," he grumbled back. "I'm busy."

"No, you aren't. You've been trying to get out of it for weeks now. Well, now you really do have to help me," John replied as he finished setting up the tree. Walking over to the couch where Sherlock was curled up in a ball, John grabbed his wrist and pulled him up. Sherlock sighed before picking up the ornaments, slowly putting them on the branches, carefully planning where each ornament should go. After setting up most of the decorations - with only a minimal amount of profanities spewing from his mouth as he did so - Sherlock heard John grumbling about something. He turned around to see John struggling to hang something on the doorframe.

"Hey, Sherlock. Could you help me here? I can't quite reach the top," John admitted, trailing off. As he glanced over at Sherlock, who had just sat down, John's jumper rode up as he tried again to reach the top of the doorframe. Sherlock looked up at John's hand and saw he was trying to put up a mistletoe.

"Why are you trying to put that up?" Sherlock's eyebrow furrowed in together. "You do know that if two people are underneath it, that they are honor bound to kiss, yeah?" Sherlock looked at John curiously as he took the mistletoe from John's hands carefully examining it as he turned it over in his hands.

John's cheeks turned a shade of light pink as he looked down at his feet, shuffling a little bit. "Well my mother's favorite part of Christmas decorating was the mistletoe, so I'm just used to it hanging somewhere." Sherlock hung up the mistletoe before looking down at John again.

"Thank you," he murmured. "But you could have waited until I moved out of the way," John mumbled as he blushed harder.

"What?" Sherlock looked at him confused, his eyebrows raising up and his frown deepening before realizing that they were standing underneath the mistletoe together. "Oh," he trailed off as he glanced up at the mistletoe.

After a few awkward seconds, Sherlock took a deep breath as he softly held John's chin lifting his face up before leaning in and kissing him. He felt John lift his hands to cup Sherlock's face. After a few minutes, they both pulled away breathless from the kiss. Sherlock's cheeks were bright pink as he grinned down at John.

"I'm starting to enjoy Christmas decorating," Sherlock murmured, kissing him again.

A/N: yes I know I haven't updated in forever but I wrote two one shots for Christmas. One is johnlock and the next one I'm posting is sherlolly. And I'll try to update another imagine if one shot soon but I can't promise anything.