I was known to fight. Fight back, fight for whats right. And fight for what I believe in, but now. I was tired of fighting. I tried, I mean I really did. I was Just tired.

I closed my eyes and gave in.
At that moment. I had seen a strange figure ... with a red mask.

-------------------------------------------------------

Boss is gonna be proud"

"Shut it! We'll get caught. Now take her to the van we ain't got all night"

The remaining light was slowly fading away from my eyes. The stranger's silhouette was one of the last things I saw along with the sound of grunts, the clanging of chains or a metal of some sort, and series of sounds that I was no longer able to make out.

I was exhausted from all of the nights that Kira had made me work. My lack of sleep and exhaustion was finally catching up to me. Ya know a person can only go so long without sleep.

In my own little world, i began to dream, I dreamt as if all of this had never happened, that I had gotten home safely, and was greeted by an enthusiastic dog.
I would be sitting at home eating old leftovers and watching T.V. and that soon I would need to be getting ready to go back to work. Starting the cycle over. just back to your normal everyday life.

-------------

I awake taking one large sharp breath, feeling cold water trickling down my neck and back, shooting straight up and onto my feet.

"Bloody hell" I whimper looking around

"Hello?" I start to shiver. My torso being soaked with the water that had woken me up.

The men that had been following me were gone. My bag had been nicely hung on a nearby bar or stick that had been sticking out of the wall. I take it off slowly looking around for the men that had tried to take me. From what I believe.
Looking inside my bag everything was still there and looked untouched. Confused and tired I walk out of the ally and turn back looking around for the person who had stopped the two guys and I guess woke Me?

"Th-Thank You" I start to walk and hear a faint
you're welcome.

Not knowing who or what said it. I just shake it off for now and put it in the back of my mind. and head home.

I had finally gotten home still dazed about what had just happened. I look to clock up on the stained apartment walls as it reads 4:12 am

"I've must have out been for about an hour..." I skip dinner and lay down on the couch passing out instantly.

A good 3-4 hours pass before I woke up again. Rubbing my eyes I stand up. My roommate Emily walks in chirpy as ever.

"Good Morning Y/n " Emily dance/walks over to me

"Morning," I say still dazed

Emily notices something rather off about me interestingly enough

"Hey..uh. you alright? you don't seem to you" Emily pours some coffee, and comes to sit down by me

"Last night. I was almost kidnapped?" I say as if it were a question.

Emily's eyes widen in shock as she checks me out as if she thinks she was some kind of doctor

"Are you hurt?! Are you okay!?"
I push Emily off.

"I'm fine.. lord.."

"Is any of your stuff missing?!?"

"No." I shake my head "no..It's all here" I say spacing off looking at the wall.

"Then I don't understand what's wrong" Emily sighs looking at me then takes a sip of her coffee.

"I think I was saved... I saw this shadow and then it all went black.. but I remember... I remember the silhouette... I think? It was tall and then THEN" I go off like you were preaching.

I begin to talk about it as if it was my passion. Like i loved it.

"I saw red.. Definitely saw red.. then he or she or whatever it was waking me up with, with water...or maybe water just fell from the rain gutters... And then they said you're welcome i-"

Emily not believing a word I say and cuts me off

"Sugar are you sure this all really happened"

The bright light in my eyes fade. Shot down. Rejected.

Ouch.

"What do you mean of course it did... why woul-"

"You've been working nonstop for almost two weeks... and you've come home late once before... nothing happened then. Why would it happen now...all this crazy talk.." Emily stands up, looking down at my face. Seeing bags under my eyes, along with an unhealthy skin tone. She sighs placing a hand under my chin lifting my head to meet her gaze.

"you know heroes aren't real. Those are fairytales sweetheart.. this is real life. Do your self a favor and...just drop it"

I look at Emily as she taps my shoulder and walks down the hallway into the other room.

I bring my knees up to my chest then laying upon them, whispering to myself

"I'm.. not crazy"

---------------