July 7

It's been one week since Toby and I confessed our feeling for each other and I haven't heard a word from him. I've tried calling, texting, I even went to his house. Nothing.

  At first I was worried that something had happened to him, but as the days went by his aunt and uncle didn't return either. Then I started getting mad. Would it have killed him to send me a text saying "no worries. I'm still alive!".

   After one week of no contact I decided to move on. My heart couldn't take it anymore. That night I was going to a party. I was going to get drunk. By midnight I wouldn't even remember him.

                         ~~~

  I got dressed in a little black dress that reached mid-thigh. I applied some makeup and curled my hair. I slipped into black stilettos and left for Connors house (I had finally got my drivers license!), where the party was located.

   The party was in full swing when I arrived. A steady beat could be heard from the house, red solo cups and people littered the yard, and cars lined the street. Inside was packed. The house smelled of sweat, smoke, and alcohol. People filled the dance floor, dancing and making out.

  I felt uncomfortable in the crowd of strangers and immediately went in search of Connor. I found him in the kitchen, surrounded by girls vying for his attention.

"Hey, Eliana! You really came!" Connor smiled. He left the girls surrounding him and gave me a quick hug.

"Yeah." I forced out a smile. I saw some kids smoking something weird in the corner. "Connor, are they doing drugs?" I asked, my voice unsteady.

He shrugged. "I dunno."

"That's illegal."

Another shrug. "Don't worry about it." He said tugging me into another room.

"Connor.." I started, but I got interrupted. 

"Hey, Connor!" Some guy hollered. "There's a fight in the living room."

"Oh. Sorry." Connor said. "I'll be right back. Stay in here."

I nodded and went to sit at the bar. I saw some girls gossiping in a corner. They kept pointing in my direction and laughing.

"Hey. Need a drink?" The bartender asked. He was a muscular guy with a shaved head and tattoos on his arms. He looked like the kind of person who would take part in street fights.

"Umm..." I contemplated my answer carefully. The drinks could be spiked. Or they could be fine.

"Seriously. Let me make you a drink." The guy smiled.

"Okay." I nodded. I watched him mix different things in a glass. The end result was a pink fruity drink, with a strawberry on the rim.

I took the glass from his hand and stared at the liquid inside. What was I doing? I couldn't drink. I glanced around the room again. A boy was throwing up in a glass vase not far from where I sat. My stomach rolled. I started panicking. I started at the drink again. Just as I was about to put it down and leave, a set of arms wrapped around my waist.

"Drink it." A familiar voice whispered.

So I did.

~~~

Sorry again about the short chapter. This ones dedicated to the people who asked me to keep writing. The next few chapters will be longer!

This chapter was inspired by the song "here" by Alessia Cara.

Hope y'all enjoyed it.

Mara :)

P.S. This is my first time adding a video so please let me know if it worked!