June 9

"Wakey-wakey, Eliana!!" Elizabeth said cheerfully patting my face.

   I opened my eyes to see her leaning over me. "Go away!" I rolled over to find Melanie.

"Momma said we need to watch you alll day because you were naughty last night and missed curfew." Melanie announced.

   I almost yelled: "Why have you forsaken me?!". But I'm not sure who I'd ask. God or my mother..

   I should have seen this coming. Mom was way to nice last night. I didn't know she was this cruel though..

   I closed my eyes hoping they would go away but when I opened them they were still there. That's when I got a good look at how they were dressed..

   Elizabeth wore a nurses hat, cats eye glasses with plastic diamonds, a boys button up shirt, an polka dotted vest, a plaid skirt, and.. My shoes!!

   Melanie wore a flowered headband, a turtleneck with an apron over it, a red and white tutu, purple leggings, mittens, and toe socks. That brat also had on my shoes!!

"Why did you steal my shoes?!!" I yelled.

    They abandoned the shoes and ran for the door. Apparently they didn't want to answer that question.

   I drug myself out of bed and went to get breakfast. No one was in the kitchen. Hmm we usually eat breakfast together. I looked at the clock. It's ten?! Apparently I was more tired than I thought..

I quickly ate a pop-tart before returning to my room. I went straight to my bathroom to take a shower.

After thirty minutes of being in the shower (yes I now I take long showers), I got out and wrapped up In a towel.

"Who is Connor?" Elizabeth asked. The little brat was laying on my bed holding my phone.

"Yeah and why does he want you to call him?" Melanie asked jumping up and down on my bed.

"What?! He's a friend." I said snatching my phone from her.

"I wasn't done with that!" Elizabeth complained.

"Yeah you were." I said reading the messages from Connor.

Hey! Britt gave me your number. -Connor

Mind if I call you? -Connor

"Why are you smiling?" Elizabeth was jumping trying to see read off my screen.

"Get out of my room."

"But mom said we have to watch you!" Melanie whined.

"I'M TAKING THIS TOWEL OFF IN TEN SECONDS! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ME COMPLETELY NAKED THEN LEAVE!!" I started counting down from ten and both girls jumped up and ran screaming.

   At the sound of the door slamming, I say down on my bed and started texting Connor.

Hey! You can call anytime -me

Okay. I'm gonna call soon :) -Connor

   I squealed. I held my phone over my heart.

"Doesn't sound like your getting dressed!" Melanie yelled banging on the door.

"Wanna come find out?!" I yelled back. The banging stopped.

   I turned my ringer on and slipped into a sports bra and shorts. Then perched on the edge of my bed waiting for my phone to read. My phone beeped.

Nice bra. ;) -Toby

   Surprised I looked out the window and sure enough his window looked directly into my room.

Perv! -me

   I jumped up and put on a shirt. I wonder how long he's been watching....

You should really get some curtains. :) -Toby

You should really get a life. -me

Hey! This is better than t.v.! -Toby

   I rolled my eyes. I heard Shake It Off and saw Connor was finally calling!

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I replied smiling like an idiot.

"I had a lot of fun at the party with you last night." I'm almost positive he was smiling.

"Me too." I said falling back on my bed.

"I was wondering if we could hang out again some time. Me and the group are going out for pizza tomorrow if you wanna come." He invited.

"Um. Who is the 'group'?" I asked.

"You met them at the party. Toby, Blake, Nora, Sandra, Britt, Kayla, Joey, and Casey." He listed them off.

"Oh okay. I would love to go. I just have to ask my mom." I hope I can survive another night with this group..

   I heard a voice faintly call Connor on the other side.

"Just a sec!" He said to whoever was talking to him. "Sorry gotta go. Bye!"

"Bye!" I replied.

   I hung up and the girls barged in followed by Hezekiah.

"We wanna play doctor." Hezekiah declared. And that was the beginning of a long afternoon...
                             ~~~
   After dinner I went to tell my mom about Connor and ask her about going out.

"So mom I met this guy Connor last night-" I looked at the floor.

"Connor? Where did you meet a boy?" She interrupted.

"Uh. A party at Britt's house." I was probably grounded for life. "That's why I was a little late last night."

"I see." Mom said. "What did you do at this party?"

"I mostly just talked to Connor but.." I might as well get it over with. "Remember that guy Toby from the beach? He was there and we uh.. We kissed.."

"You kissed a boy?!" Mom yelled.

"I'm sorry?" It came out like a question.

   Then she got all sentimental. "My little girl is growing up!" Again with the little girl... "I can't believe you had your first kiss!" I swear she almost cried.

   I could not believe it! I wasn't dead right now??

"What was it like?" She looked like a teenager leaning forward in anticipation.

"Really good actually." I smiled.

"How did it happen?" She sounded eager.

"Well Toby was telling everyone about how he saved my life and one girl insisted that I kiss him to show my appreciation. So I leaned over to kiss his cheek and ended up kissing him in the mouth." I admitted.

"Awwe!" She squealed. "Any tongue?"

"Ew mom!" I can't believe she just asked that...

She just laughed. "I'm teasing you, Eliana."

I sighed in relief.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't come to confess so what did you really come to say?"

"Connor invited me to go out with him and a group of kids. Britt and Toby will be there. I was wondering if I can go?.." I asked timidly.

"You can go." She smiled.