June 10, Part 2

Toby stared at me wide eyed. "I was your first kiss?" He couldn't seem to believe it.

I nodded again covering my face in embarrassment.

"I couldn't have been!" He furrowed his brow.

"Well you were." I said in exasperation. "Game over."

"But I had a question!" Blake whined.

"Fine. Ask it." I sighed.

"If you could would you kiss Toby again?"

It was my turn to stare in shock.

He smirked at my expression. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

I blushed and glanced at Toby. The shocked look on his face mirrored the one on mine.

"N-no I wouldn't." I stuttered.

"You would." Toby smirked.

"I need to use the restroom." I said. Toby moved so I could get out of the booth. I stood up and slipped on water. Next thing I knew I was back in Toby's arms.

"Are you okay? Did you turn your ankle again?" Toby asked concerned.

I nodded. "It twisted. The bad one twisted." I mumbled. Tears stung my eyes.

"Need to go home?" He sighed next to my ear.

I nodded against his chest.

He scooped me up bridal style and carried me towards the door. "Bye guys!" He called before leaving.

"You don't have to carry me." I mumbled into his shirt.

"It's fine." He replied.

"Don't drop me." I held tightly to his neck.

"I won't." He whispered.

On the ride home neither of us spoke. I mumbled a brief thanks when I got home and hurried inside. My mind was replaying everything that had happened.

~~~
Toby's P.O.V.

I sat in the truck watching her walk into her house and close the door. My mind was still trying to process what had happened.

I was her first kiss. Me. Toby Israel Roth. How on earth was I her first kiss? I felt like a thief. Her first kiss should have been different. The worst thing was I wanted to do it again.

Don't kiss her. Don't kiss her. Do not kiss her. I have to kiss her.

I jumped out of the truck and ran upstairs to my room. I quickly went out on the balcony. I saw her enter her room. I quickly texted her.

Come out on your balcony. -me

She read the message then looked up. She quickly walked outside.

"Hey." Her quiet voice carried across the gap.

"Hey." I replied. Then I decided to do it. I stood on my railing and jumped over on to her balcony.

"What are you doing?" She asked in surprise.

"Were you serious?" I had to know.

"What?" She cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"At the restaurant. Would you really kiss me again?" I don't know why I needed to know.

She blushed and hid behind her hair. I saw her nod so slightly that I'm almost not sure she nodded at all.

I stepped closer and she looked up at me. I cradled her jaw in my hands and slowly leaned in. Her eyes fluttered closed just as our lips touched.

She was just like I remembered. Soft and timid and innocent. Her hands slowly slipped up my chest and around my neck. I almost stopped breathing. She makes me feel strange and I don't know how to describe it.

~~~
Eliana's P.O.V.

His lips moved gently against mine. It seemed like we were in slow motion. I've known this boy for less than a week yet this is the second time we've kissed.

He seemed to melt under my touched as I moved my hands up around his neck. His fingers rubbing my jaw. I didn't want it to end but at the same time I needed air. I reluctantly pulled back.

He sighed. His eyes were still closed as if he was trying to hold on to the moment.

"Goodnight Toby." I whispered pulling myself out of his grip.

"Goodnight." He whispered back.