Hello

(Y/N), It's Sherlock, you need to get down to Scotland Yard now!

I can't, I'm at work. If this is about me and Greg la-

Just shut up! There's been a terrorist attack on Scotland Yard, Greg is trapped in the building. You need to come down now.

You instantly slammed the phone down and ran as fast as you could out of the office and down to your car. You were certainly about to break a few speed limits.

***

Once you got to Scotland Yard, there were police, ambulance and fire engines everywhere, people were looking on from afar and there were a row of press people standing along the crossing tape. You promptly got out of your car, pushed through the crowd of people and made your way under the tape.

"You can't go through there!" One of the press people shouted "Oh piss off!" You yelled back as you ran to go and find Sherlock. After only a few seconds of running, you found Sherlock with John and a few armed officers "Sherlock!" You yelled. Sherlock instantly turned around and smiled as he saw you.

"(Y/N), I didn't think you would come" Sherlock said. You waved your hand dismissively "Forget the argument. I want to know if he's okay" You said. "We're unable to say at this stage. 2 men we believe to be wearing bombs stormed into the offices just over an hour ago, gunshots have been heard, but we are unsure if there are any injuries or fatalities inside as of yet" One of the armed officers explained.

You instantly felt weak at the knees as you thought about Greg not making it out of that building. The last thing you said to him is you hated him. Of course you didn't, but he could die thinking that you hated him. Tears pricked at your eyes and you then felt a grip around your shoulder "Don't worry, ever-"

Suddenly, there was an almighty explosion, and you screamed as you watched the Scotland Yard building collapse into rubble. Your whole body trembled as you instantly ran towards the building "GREG!" You screamed "GREG!" You screamed again as you sprinted towards the building.

As you ran further towards the building, you also began to run into a big black cloud of smoke, obstructing your vision. You couldn't see anything "GREG!" You screamed again as you stretched your arms out in front of you to feel if you were going to bump into anything. Suddenly, your arms touched something "(Y/N), Is that you?" Your heart pounded as you heard Greg's voice.

"Yes! Yes it's me!" You screamed "You need to get out of here, there's another bomb" Greg explained breathlessly. You instantly grabbed Greg's hand and began to run as fast as you could out of the smoke. Your heart began to pound against your chest as you ran faster faster, slowly running out of energy. You then heard the second explosion.

You screamed and Greg instantly fell on top of you, trying to shield you from the impact. You fell to the floor hard, Greg's body pressed firmly against yours. A dead silence then fell over your surroundings and the two of you slowly sat up. You were now out of the smoke and instantly looked down at Greg, laid comfortably in your lap and began to cry.

Greg tightly clenched his hand around your arm and pulled himself up to face you. He took a deep breath and cupped his hand on your cheek "You came. I rang you, but you didn't answer" He breathed. You looked intensely at him, he was bleeding quite badly from the right side of his head and had several cuts and bruises across his face, but besides that he came out of the building relatively unscathed.

"I didn't think I was ever going to.." His voice then faltered and he bowed his head "Oh Greg, I'm so sorry. You must have been so scared" You murmured. Greg nodded "I was. I couldn't stop thinking about the last thing you said to me" He murmured feebly. Tears cascaded down your cheeks as you looked at him "You should know that wasn't true. I love you so much, I was just angry" You said.

"Lestrade!" You heard Sherlock shout in the distance "(Y/N)!" He shouted "Over here!" Greg shouted breathlessly, before he nuzzled his head into your chest. You wrapped your arms tightly around him "I'm so sorry Greg" You cried, Greg tenderly stroked your back "Don't be. You're here now" He murmured. Suddenly, Sherlock and John both appeared from nowhere and promptly helped the two of you up off the floor.

"Greg, are you okay?" John questioned. Greg nodded and placed his arm around you "Fine" Greg replied, you instantly took Greg's hand as you all began to walk away from the devastating scene behind you "Let's get you checked out, just to be sure" You said. Greg smiled and nodded "Okay" He said, his arm placed firmly around your shoulder "Greg" You said, suddenly stopping.

Sherlock, Greg and John all looked at you, before Greg looked at Sherlock and John and nodded "Give us a few minutes" He said. John nodded and the two of them walked off in the other direction. Greg then locked his gaze with yours and you began to cry again. He instantly pulled you in for a hug and you tightly wrapped your arms around him "Oh Greg, I'm so sorry. I really am. I was stupid" You said.

Greg shook his head and released you from his embrace to look at you "I was stupid. I should never have gone to dinner with her. It was stupid, I didn't think it would hurt you like it has" He said as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear "I just don't want anyone to come between us. Especially not after today, I nearly lost you. You were nearly gone Greg" You explained. Greg slowly shook his head "They won't. I would never let that happen. Just promise me you'll never get mad at me like that again. I couldn't bare it" He said.

You nodded "I promise. Let's never leave an argument unresolved again" You said. Greg smiled and nodded "Agreed" He said. He then pressed his lips firmly against your lips, before he took your hand, the two of you walking off along the path, lucky to still have each other. You'd never been so grateful.

_____________________________

Hey guys! I hope you have all had a good week. So, I thought I would include terrorism in this week's one-shot. It's sadly, something that is happening more frequently in this world. But I wrote this one-shot, because when things like this happen in the world, it makes you realize how important the people around you and how lucky you are to have them. 

Anyway, Thank you for all the comments and votes on the previous chapter. Hope you enjoy reading this one. All the love.