8th Heartbeat

Dug...dug... dug...dug....

The moment I heard a beat, that's when I fully realized that, that person's pulse was calling out to me. Bringing me back to life and maybe the other way around.

Yes, I was made by some creep occult and manage to get away from the help of some random kid who happens to be one of the creep's son. He brought me, having no knowledge of me being alive if he show his love and affection to me. So when I came to life, he got scared and decided to throw me away. But sooner, decided to just drop me off a donation box and that's where I ended up with another owner and then another. But no one dared to stay with me.

I was a meer toy to everyones eyes. Mistreated badly and feared by who owned me. But deep inside, I also wanted to be treated like a human being. I also need someone who we can rely on and give my utmost trust and give back love which made m live.

Love is what makes us alive.

When a child release me from that dark container, I felt bad for myself. Again, I'll be experiencing another heartache and pain from the fear that those who owned me. But the first time I saw his eyes, I saw a sparkle and hope that maybe, everything will change. That maybe, he will love me with all his heart.

I watched and observe him as he grew and he was such a nice kid to be with. But sometimes, he would cry from his sleep so I comfort him. Or he will be gone for a few weeks from his room, leaving me and his other toys alone in his cold room and when he comes back, he had these weird wires connected to him.
But as years passed by, I came to love him. I know he'll never return the same feeling but for me, I am happy just watching him grow with full of passion and spirits.

But sooner, I decided to reveal my true form. First, he was scared, and that sent a sudden pinch of hurt to me. But eventually he accepted me with all his being. I was glad that I funally found the one that would fully accept me for who I am.

"Marcus?"

His soft voice that I had grown to love called out to me. It was already seven years since that incident involving Allen who almost died because his body couldn't cope up with the cold temperature. And I gave half of my life to him to make him live.

"You seemed to be wandering in another place again." He added which made me smile.

We were now living together in our small house, a few blocks from Allens parents. We also have teddy as our son, a 5 month golden retriever. Teddy was sleeping on Allen's lap while he sat on his wheelchair. He was looking out the balcony of our home as I watched him from where I stood in the door to the balcony.

He still looks the same but minus the legs since they stopped working two months ago. He accepted it and now settling in for a wheelchair where I occasionally pushed around for him. But after all those years, he was still the same person who loved me and I had loved.

"Can we go to the cafè today? I'd like to taste their new cake."

I smiled as I pushed off the door frame to walk to him. Placing both arms on either side of his armrest, I looked at him longingly and he chuckled.

"Okay, I know you want it. And I also wanted to eat that cake so... okay." he smiled and I smiled.

He closed his eyes and puckered his lips and slowly leaned in to me which made me smile a cheeky one. His lips landed on mine and I closed my eyes. His kiss still felt like the first time that I had kissed him and I will never grow tired of kissing him all over again. I love how I would wake up every morning and his face would greet me. I like to carry him around, take a bath with him, stroll around the park with him and with Teddy, a date in his favorite cafè and lastly, to fall in love with him all over again. It makes me feel rejuvenated and young. A youthful love.

"Thank you love." I smiled and he returned it with equal joy.

- -

"Here's your strawberry cake sir's. Enjoy!"

The waitress who had known us since we came here everyday beamed at us. Before she left, he winked at me and I gave a smile. I looked at Allen and saw him already eating away at his cake, and some bites were on either side of his cheeks, and I chuckled.

He looked at me and raised a questioning brow which made me smile. I leaned in a bit and wipe the cream on his cheek with my thumb and brought it to my lips to lick it. I looked at him again and found that he was blushing and I laughed.

"Sorry love. Can't help it that I really wanted to tease you."

"Yeah... your always like that but I just can't help it."

"Help what?"

"T... to...to b-blush." He replied rather shyly.

"Okay, I won't ruin your mood now so lets finish this and I'll bring you to somewhere."

"Its already ruined."

"Huh?"

After the bickering that we had gone through, we managed to finish our food and got out the cafè. In the car, only the soft music on the radio playing Terrified is the only thing that can be heard. But sooner, Allen and I joined in with the song. When the song ended, we managed to get to our stop.

The beach.

Allen looked at the beach for quite a while. The bright orange and yellow coloring the sky as it started to hide away from us. The sound of the soft waves of the ocean and the cold breeze of the wind made the very place nostalgic. After a few moments of him staring at it, he looked at me with tears in his eyes, rolling down his cheeks. My eyes widened and immediately squated in front of him to check him.

"All-"

"I love you Marcus."

"I know Allen. And I love you too."

"Even if I'm cripple, you still chose to be with me and I am happy of that. So please don't ever leave me Marcus."

"Never Allen. Even if you became cripple or you lost your legs, or you became blind, bald, unable to hear and talk, I won't leave you. Your my life Allen, I can't even fully express it but your my everything baby. You made me for who I am, accepted me without doubt and loved me." I wiped his tears as I looked at him.

"You made me crazy baby and I would die if can't feel you here beside me. You made me like a teenage lovestruck puppy Allen and I don't know the hell why. Your just unexplainable and undescribable. All I know that I love you and that'll never change baby. Be with me for all eternity baby, even after our death. I won't ever leave you or go without you. I will always be yours and you'll always be mine baby. That's how much I love you Allen."

I held him and let the world basked with the love that we have for each other. For our love would always continue through eternity. We were meant for each other but it just takes time for us to find ourselves in this small world of ours.

First, we have to wait. Second, accept what's coming. Third, embrace it and let it teach you something incredible that will really fill your world of happiness. And fourth, don't let go.