2nd Heartbeat

Marcus has been my companion, my best friend, and my brother through out my 17 years of living. I was thankful that I was able to reach this age because I had expected to die young. Maybe, it is weird to say it but, when I found Marcus on our backyard that day, it felt like someone has been watching over me. I can even sleep peacefully every now and then because it felt like, someone is beside me, comforting me through out the night.

"Allen, dinners ready..." 

My mom called out and I put my pencil down. I looked at my drawing once again and smiled before leaving my room. I walked down the stairs and suddenly I felt a heavy constriction in my chest.

"Ugghh...!!"

 I groaned as I clutch my chest tightly. My foot accidentally slipped and before I could roll down the stairs, a pair of arms grabbed me, pulling me safe into the floor. I closed my eyes tightly as the pain starting aching uncontrollably inside my chest. My breath started to hitch as I started to loose my breathing.

"Mom..." I croaked out before I loose consciousness.

**********

"Beep...beep...beep..."

I woke up, white light blinding my eyes making me clutch them tightly before reopening them. I was wearing oxygen over my face and several wires were attach to me.

"Son..."

"Allen! Are you alright dear?!" 

My mom asked me worriedly as she begun crying uncontrollably. My dads emotion remain strong for the sake of my mom. I just smiled and gave a thumbs up to them which made my dad smile but I know deep inside he was also hurt. My Mom was still crying so dad decided to take her out of the room for awhile. I was feeling sleepy yet again so I didn't protest and let sleep consume me and that's when I felt something was hugging me.

The next thing I woke up, I jolted a little bit on my bed when I found Marcus -my teddy bear- laying on my chest. His head cocked straight at me like he was looking at me innocently. That was weird. I never knew mom knows that I kept a teddy bear with me, well to make the story short, I didn't tell her about Marcus when and where I got him that's why its a little bit weird.

Well, Marcus being here was perfect since I'm all alone. I think my parents are out for work and only the nurses here are taking care of me and checking on me. At least, I've got company. Well, my oxygen was also removed yesterday because I can easily breath now and I'm happy with that..

"Hello buddy..." I smiled as I talked to Marcus. "Sorry we can't visit the fishes for awhile because I'm sick. But I promise we will visit them if we come home." As if I'd come home alive that time if God forbids my soul from entering the heavens for awhile then I won't be laying on my coffin inside our house.

"Haaah... I wish I was just a normal teenager with a healthy life." I mumbled as I looked down at my hands. And the next thing I knew that had me calling for my doctors and nurses were beyond my expectations.

"Calm down Allen..." the doctor cooed as they put the oxygen on me. I was breathing fast like I was in a shock or running with a cheetah. After that, I immediately calmed down and I told the doctor that I will be fine and I just need some rest. After the doctor exited the door I took in my surroundings.

"Come out whoever you are." Then the most handsome and cute guy, maybe older than me, appeared by the foot of my bed. His hair was silver, black eyes, pale skin, and wears all white, and what had me staring in shock is the earrings he wore on his right ear.

"M—marcus...??" He smiled.

"Hello Allen..." He greeted.

"Woah! How the hell you became human?! I never thought that toys would become humans now!" I exclaimed. But he just tend to chuckle and neared me, sitting himself on my bed.

"I was brought to life because of your love to me. And it is also my wish to become alive so that I can really comfort you through out your life Allen." He explained.

"But even if your just a toy, its enough for me to be happy. But why became human for my sake?"

"Just consider me as your angel. Who will guide you wherever you went." He answered.

"But why now? You could've change when I was still a child who needed comfort most. Why now?"

"Even toys like me has past that doesn't want to be repeated over history. Just like humans. My previous owners were cruel after finding out that I was alive. They begun fearing me, all I want was an owner who'll accept me even if it is creepy for something like me to come into life."

"But when you rescued me from being kept inside that tube where my previous owner kept me, I feared again what kind of owner will I be having this time. But the first time I saw your eyes, I found hope that this time it'll change. That I will have happiness in this child. I observed you for awhile before I could fully transform into my human form."

"I kept you company at times when your alone, I'd play with you when your bored, and I sleep with you every night so whenever you stop breathing, I will be the last one you spend time with."

I was flattered with that. Because of me, he came alive and now he's giving it back to me by being with me through my last breath. And I never thought toys feel that way too. To be rejected and mistreated badly throughout their life will also affect their trust and I'm happy that he's ready to show up to me and believe that everything will change for him.

"Marcus..." I called out to him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Today onwards, promise me to never leave my side until my last breath, and as your owner, I will fulfill everything that you never manage to do as long as I live." I exclaimed. He smiled and I also smiled when he replied.

"Yes Allen, I promise."